Ability to hide Reports in View details

Mike Ryan shared this idea 5 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi there,

When selecting a view and clicking 'more details' it allows you to look at the report names that have been created using this view, this also includes reports from other client orgs. Ie from a client org I am able to see other reports that other client orgs have created.

/8699fd88fa3223aa2c35abf4ae4bfafd

As a workaround, I have turned off the display in the CSS so it is no longer able to be clicked on but if someone were to know their way around the dev tools they are able to turn this back on.

Is there a more permanent solution for this?

Thanks!

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Danielle,

Thanks for reaching out. I tried all kinds of permissions settings, but it appears the lowest level of access to be able to browse Views (just Read access) and see the View Summary will feature the related Reports tab, as there's not further permissions beyond simply being able to Read the View/Summary in general. The creative workaround for this of course is the CSS option you've already mentioned.

The recommended way though, if you want Client Org user's to have the same data as the Primary Org without seeing their content, would be to make a copy of the corresponding View and placing it in the Client Org's Data Source so that it's only linked to that specific Client Org.

We could go ahead and submit an idea to have add a permission to hide related reports in the View Summary, but I believe the method I've described above is already the recommended method of separating client org's data from parent orgs. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Danielle,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thanks for following up.

We have all our views configured at the default level so that they filter down through each client org. Managing each view on a client level will create too much work. I think the workaround for now would have to be editing the CSS.

If you could please submit an idea, that would be great!

photo

Hi Danielle,

Thanks for your response. I've gone ahead and raised an enhancement request for this and changed this to a public Idea ticket, however I will mention that I suspect this won't be implemented due to the relative ease of the workaround and also considering many clients use separate Views within each Client Org. I'll keep you posted on potential updates one way or the other, however. Thank you for the suggestion!

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Danielle,

I have a couple follow-up questions for extra clarity: Do you want an option simply to disable that tab (as you've accomplished via your workaround) or do you want to make it so that a client org can't see reports outside of their client org? Also, does the user who appears to be in your client org which you've sent the screenshot from, have edit rights on this view? If that is the case, then that user will need to know all the reports that are built against the View in case they make changes that accidentally break those reports.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

None of our client orgs have access to editing views, the views are only editable from the Default org and only by me.

Either works, though I don't believe that one client org should be able to see the content within another as they are separate instances.

photo

Hi Danielle,

Thanks for clarifying. I've made note of these points and passed them on to the dev team. I'll keep you updated on any further potential developments.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file