abbreviate vertical axis labels

Chad Miller shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

I have a vertical access showing in 2.5 million increments so the tick marks look like

I can add an M to the end to stand for millions but is there a way to get the chart axis to only show

7.5M

5.0M or 5M

2.5M

just so we don't have to see all the 0's and use up chart space?

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Chad,

While there is currently no setting to change what units an axis appears in, you could create a calculated field that divides your vertical metric by 1,000,000 and then place the 'M' suffix onto the chart axis formatting.

Please let me know if this does not meet your needs, or if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Nathan

I thought this would work but it doesn't. I forgot to realize that dividing would also change the numbers on my labeled chart. So I want the axis to be abbreviated and tagged with M but want original numbers on my bar chart labels. Feature request?

Thanks

Chad

photo

Hi Chad,

As the "Auto Chart" currently applies this formatting automatically, I believe that this enhancement request already exists. I will speak with my colleagues and if I am unable to find the current request by the end the day, I will convert this ticket into an idea. If I do find the request, I will add your information to it and keep you updated on its status.

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file