how to hide left navigation side menu for users except administrator in yellowfin 7.4

Ganeshkumar shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

how to hide left navigation side menu for users except administrator in yellowfin 7.4

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Factavox,

I hope all is well,

Unfortunately we don't have this option available. However looking at our previous versions (7.1) we had the option to hide "custom left navigation panel" This was then removed in 7.2 onwards... More information can be found here although I understand this this is not helpful to what you want.

Our only options for this are as follows:

6bd6f5e290f278322dc0b540ae0fdd75

At this point I would then highly recommend that an Idea is raised. Apologies not not providing what you are looking for. Let me know your views on this. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response. Can i achieve this via programmatically? if yes, suggest me the file to edit.

Thanks,

photo

Hi Factavox,

Not to my knowledge, although you could try looking at CSS to see if you can hide, not sure this would work though as this is not something we would recommend. I think our only option at this point would be to raise as an Idea.

Let me know what you think.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

As of now, I will use CSS. But, It is very helpful if you include that option in configuration for future yellowfin release.

Thanks,

photo

Hi Factavox,

I can go ahead and raise as an Idea if this is ok? Let me know.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Please raise this idea for the future Yellowfin.

Thanks,

photo

Hi Factavox,

No problem, I will get this raised and update you with the link to the Idea, I hope this is ok.

Expect a reply from myself very soon.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Factavox,

I have gone ahead and added this as an Idea. Please see this link for more information.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file