Is there a way to display filter values from report in Storyboard, in Storyboard?

Bruce Steinberg shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

We have a need to display the filters used in a report that is embedded in a Storyboard.

Run a report with filters by itself and see the filters that were used in the report are displayed.

Run the same report in a Storyboard and users can NOT see the filters that were used in the report.

Is possible to expose? Is this related to when the report is designed?

Thanks for any ideas.

Bruce S.

Best Answer
photo

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for reaching out. You can configure Global Filters depending on the filtering set at an individual report level, but you cannot view individual filters of each report directly in Storyboard. Storyboard is intended more as a presentation tool, an admittedly interactive one, but it was decided there'd be chosen limits to that level of interactivity. Perhaps not exactly what you're looking for, but I hope this provides at least some clarity! As a side note, Storyboard is being completely redesigned for Version 8, so we're not adding any more features to the way it currently exists.

Regards,

Mike

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for reaching out. You can configure Global Filters depending on the filtering set at an individual report level, but you cannot view individual filters of each report directly in Storyboard. Storyboard is intended more as a presentation tool, an admittedly interactive one, but it was decided there'd be chosen limits to that level of interactivity. Perhaps not exactly what you're looking for, but I hope this provides at least some clarity! As a side note, Storyboard is being completely redesigned for Version 8, so we're not adding any more features to the way it currently exists.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Thank you!

photo

Hi Bruce,

You're welcome! I'm going to go ahead and close out this ticket. Please don't hesitate to reach out with further questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file