Freehand SQL filter not visualized the same as Drag and Drop filter

Stephen Van Rooyen shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to visualize the Freehand SQL filter the same as the Drag and Drop filters?

For Example:

A Drag and Drop Report, creates a Date Filter with the Between operand as a single date component with the ability to select both start and end dates.

01ffe59e9f4542607443556fefb0ce57

However when doing this in Freehand SQL it create the Date Filter as 2 seperate filters components, each selecting a single date.

a346bc51fd02b3c0ba8b9195c3e6a029

Here is a snippet of the SQL used

6a9e05b35682f70141f681084ae563eb

It would be great if there is consistency across the different creation methods or across the tool.

Regards,

Stephen

Replies (10)

photo

Hi Stephen,

I hope all is well,

From what I can see, you essentially want to have the same visualisation for the Freehand SQL Filters to that of the Drag and Drop Filter (your images attached).

As it stands the Freehand SQL appears to show 2 filter options. If this is the case I would then like to put this forward as an Idea as this is not currently possible within YF.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

That is correct, I want it to look the same as the Drag and Drop filter which has a date range selector.

Regards,

Stephen

photo

Hi Stephen,

I have had some updated information on this... From what we can see this is expected behaviour and as it stands - I doubt theres much that can be done to achieve this, so unfortunately an Idea as originally mentioned looks to be out of the question at this stage. Apologies for this.

Explanation is as follows:

You can only insert a single filter value with a Freehand SQL.. It's not smart enough to magically fill in the SQL to do anything more complex..

For single value

SELECT * FROM table WHERE a = '{?}'
For between
SELECT * FROM table WHERE a BETWEEN {?} and {?}
It can't change a single filter to match the two elements required for between. I hope this helps Stephen.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

The Drag and Drop Builder uses a single filter to capture both values and replaces the corresponding variables in the SQL statement.

This is exactly what the Freehand SQL filter parameter does for single values.

All that I am requesting is that visually it should be represented the same (so as to be consistent throughout the tool)

Regards,

Stephen

photo

Hi Stephen,

I have discussed this further and we CAN go ahead and raise as an Idea after all, although this is not easy for us...

With this, can I question why the option of drag and drop is not in force over the Freehand SQL, if it get's results (visually) then it might be best to continue using the drag and drop.

This aside and as mentioned above I CAN go ahead and raise as an Idea. I hope this helps Stephen, and apologies for the delay on all this.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

This is a customer requirement.

And the reason why in they use the Freehand SQL option in certain instance is because YF does not allow you to do circular joins in the View Builder.

Please go ahead and raise the idea.

Regards,

Stephen

photo

Hi Stephen,

No problem, i'll go ahead and raise as an Idea. Expect a reply from myself within 24 hours.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Stephen,

I have gone ahead and raised this as an Idea. We can track/vote for this here.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Thanx Mark

photo

Hi Stephen,

No problem. Feel free to bug me anytime.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file