Sorting not working as expected

Sanjay B S shared this problem 7 years ago
Defect Fixed

Hi Team ,

In a cross tab report , sorting is not working as expected.

Consider the below example table:

4dae6ab814f23f1194b187657ce87fd3

When i create a chart using this table , the chart looks like below:

be7894014b803562e1453e27d85a3924

I have used this below setting to sort the chart based on the count of AgencyName:

f70e5e7c89b5fce4a5df42b9a6715528

Kindly let me know , how to sort this chart based on the row total in the descending order or am I missing something here.

We are using Yellowfin 7.2 September build

Regards,

Sanjay B S

Replies (5)

photo

Hello,

I have found that Row and Column Total sorting is possible in a Cross-Tab report, however, only if you have a single Dimension value in the Row or Column that you want to sort.That is, if you want to sort by Row (say in descending order), you can only have a single DIM in the row.When you have only a single DIM, the following options appear under ROWS property of the table:

7dfe86ee1e671dcdfa03fb138af97058

I hope this helps,

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hi Peter,

Please find below my comments

photo

Hi Sanjay,

sorry for the delay in responding, it looks like somehow this support case slipped through his cracks. I have read through all of the case and saw your request for us to create the same report as you, so I did that and then tested the option Axis->Horizontal->Style->Ordering and found that unfortunately it won't do what you want it to do. What it is meant for is when, for example, you have Org Ref Codes: Monday = 1, Tuesday =2, Wednesday = 3, Thursday = 4, Friday = 5, Saturday = 6, Sunday = 7 as your Horizontal axis. Then if you choose to set Ordering to Alphanumeric then you will get "Friday, Monday, Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Wednesday". Otherwise, if you choose to set Ordering to Table then it will be "Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday"

So this means that, as you discovered, the usual Horizontal Sorting feature in which you can order the Horizontal values by size of data is not implemented for Cross Tab reports.

regards,

David

photo

Hi David ,

This feature was working in 7.1 and its not working in 7.2 .

Regards,

Sanjay B S

photo

Hi Sanjay,

I just tried the same report in 7.1 and it's not working. (please see attached video). So I was thinking, could you please send me an export of your 7.1 Ski Team example of this feature working and then I'll be able to investigate it.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Dave ,

PFA the export xml and also the screenshot of the same example where the data is sorted .

Regards,

Sanjay B S

photo

Hi Sanjay,

thanks very much for that, it was so easy to replicate the issue with it. We should have done that in the first place!

I have raised product defect YFN-4610 so that it gets fixed.

Thanks for letting us know about this bug, and apologies for the inconvenience caused by it.

regards,

David

photo
photo

Hi Peter,

I have enabled that option. But still the chart is not getting sorted based on the row total. It is displaying the chart in random sorted order..

photo

Could you please try creating the same chart as above from your end and let me know , if I am missing something in sorting the chart by the Row total

photo

Hi Peter ,

Can you please repsond to the above query.

Regards,

Sanjay B S

photo

Hi Sanjay,

just letting you know that this defect was fixed and included in the April build.

regards,

Big Dave

Leave a Comment

Attach a file