drill through "off" option in design options

Itamar Steinberg shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hello, we have created a report that has several "numeric display" (several design components)

only one of them needs to have drill-through capabilities.

the options are one or all. but no option to not at all / off.

Is there a way to switch off the drill-through for a specific "numeric display"?

Thanks

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Itamar,

Thank you for reaching out with your question. When building reports, Drilling is an all-or-nothing feature. Whether or not the option is available for each chart is dependent on your data set and how you set up the report and link the related content.

If you want to create a multi-chart canvas and make a chart use Drill Through, you can have it apply to one of two charts, for example, if you are using different field metrics for each chart. In the following example I created, I linked my Sum Invoiced Amount field, so I can drill through the $471m Numeric Display chart, but not the $1m one, which is a Sum Cancellation Fee field:

If you want to use the same exact fields for each chart though, you can't turn off the field for one or the other since it's set at the report level.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi,

I didn't understand from your example, how you get the 471 chart to drill through and the 1M not to drill at all. thanks

photo

Hi Itamar,

In the Related Content setting, you set Join Type to Drill Through and Join the Master Field and set the Hyperlink field, in my case Sum Invoiced Amount for both:

Since my Sum Cancellation Fee field isn't joined it doesn't drill through.

Please read through our Wiki entry on Chart Drill Through's to learn more, as well as about Drill Through's in general. These entries contain pretty detailed information as well as videos for you to reference. Please let me know if you have any further questions after reading through these.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi, it is not at this step. it happens when you select multiple "drill through" then on the charts step you build 2 charts (in our case - bold numbers) in the option of the chart you can pick one or all. lets say we have 5 charts and only 2 "drill through' - we want to not have a drill at all on some of the charts.

photo

Hi Itamar,

That is correct. You can't choose to turn off the drill through in multi-charts where each chart contains the same Hyperlink fields. In my example, I set my hyperlink join to Sum Invoiced Amount and had a numeric display chart with the Sum Invoiced Amount field, but my second chart didn't contain that field, it just contained Sum Cancellation Fee. So there was no drill through being linked in the second report. The Drill Through hyperlink is an all or nothing setting - it does indeed apply to to the entire report once it's joined. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo
photo

Hi Itamar,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Itamar,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file