Selected filter values in report or chart title

Iris shared this idea 7 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi guys,

Is it possible to use dynamically changing report/chart titles based on filter values?

Regards,

Iris

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Iris,

Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, dynamic text capabilities within the report builder are not currently available in Yellowfin. However, several other clients have requested similar features, and I believe that this would be a good candidate for future enhancement.

I am going to convert this question into an idea so that the community has an opportunity to vote on it. At the end of each month the product team will review all ideas, selecting the most feasible and popular for future inclusion in future builds.

In the meantime, I would suggest enabling the "Display Filter" option within the filter menu as seen below.

3147890520cce0421aa2afe1b2b1bcba

Please let me know if you have any additional questions relating to this issue.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Iris,

We have recently been made aware of a cool work around to accomplish this, which I thought may be of interest to you:

http://community.yellowfin.bi/topic/is-there-anyway-to-create-dynamic-text-fields-in-reports

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi,

I understand there is a workaround for this in the report builder, but will parameterized chart titles be implemented? I think report developers should be able to easily create dynamic titles to reports that include an applied filter value. Ideally, this would be included as an option in the report builder chart title UI window to add a parameter value that can be concatenated with other text.

For example, I have a report where I show YF broadcast runs, and if the user were to select "Yes" for the "broadcastsuccess" column value filter, I could either pass "Yes" into the chart title, or use that value in a calculated field where I have a description associated (i.e. when "Yes" then "Successful" else "Unsuccessful") and pass that description into the title ("Successful Broadcast Runs") if user selects yes etc., and removed if filter is omitted.

Thanks

photo

Hi Simon,

Thanks for submitting the request. I can create custom JavaScript charts, but I would not choose go through the process of setting up a custom chart/introducing custom code just to achieve a simple chart title enhancement like this. I'm asking for this enhancement so that report creators without JavaScript capabilities can do this.

I appreciate that YF enables fully custom charts, but I would still like to see a lot of formatting enhancements to YF's built-in charts for things like this, that in my experience, are fairly common requests from end users.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file