Y-axis showing multiple tick marks per count

Xuan shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Y-axis showing multiple ticks per count, please see below screenshot,

Y axis has ticks labeled 0,0,0,1,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,4 etc.

I have tried all the options (Manual, Automatic, Range ) listed under `Axis Settings - Vertical --> Scale`, none of them work. Since our data values vary a lot, i cannot assign a scale unit for it.

Could you please advise?

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Xuan,

Thank you for reaching out. What does your data setup look like in the Data section? The Charts section typically follows what's setup there, so based on the screenshots I'm seeing, it looks like you do have multiple count values for each number - 3 0's, 3 1's, 4 2's, 3 3's, 3 4's. If that's how it's shown in your Data section, this is how I'd expect it to display in the Charts section. Can you send a screenshot of your data section?

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your response. Yes, the data looks like 0,1,2,3,3,3,4,4,4. Please see attached screenshot. I would expect the ticks are distributed uniformed.

photo

Hi Xuan,

This has something to do with how the data it setup here. Can you explain more on what Function you have applied and what the original Subjects Enrolled data looks like?

Thanks,Mike

photo

Advanced function `Accumulative Total` is applied to subjects enrolled data. Please see the attached screenshot for the original data. This only happens for small data range, see if the subjects enrolled data varies from 10 to 200, the ticks on y-axis will be distributed uniformed (screenshot attached).

photo

Hi Xuan,

Thank you for that. Let's try setting your Scale Unit to 1 in your Axis Settings.

Regards,

Mike

photo
photo

Hi Xuan,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Xuan,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered since I haven't heard back, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

I also want to let you know of some additional resources we have available to help further your Yellowfin knowledge, if you don't know already. We have the Yellowfin Wiki, which details various processes from Data Source to Report Building. We also have the Yellowfin University, at which you can register and take structured lessons on how to use Yellowfin. And lastly, which you seem to have found already, the Yellowfin Community. The Community is where you can find various knowledge base articles and open tickets with Support. These resources are all available to help you succeed in using Yellowfin.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file