Problem with Co-display reports.

Pratap Singh shared this problem 5 years ago
Defect Fixed

Hi,

I have a main report and Co-Display report showing at the bottom, both the reports linked with filters when I open report the first time it filters both the reports, Now created some new records in my DB and press Go from Filter, records filtered in the Main report and it brings newly created record in the main report but not in Sub-Report/Co-display report.

Regards

Pratap

Replies (11)

photo

Hi Pratap,

Thank you for reaching out. How are your filters and co-display joins set up here? This is difficult to say without knowing how the data is setup and confirming that the new data should indeed be displaying in the co-display report. Also, is the co-display report using the same View as the Main report? Might it be cached?

I look forward to your responses.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

I am using the same view for both the reports. first report showing detailed data and 2nd showing just summary.

here I have attached screenshots.

Regards

Pratap

photo

Hi Pratap,

Thanks for your response. Based on your screenshots, the corresponding columns in the sub-report match those in the main report, those values being "0". So I'm assuming if you were to filter those results to make them not 0, what you're saying is the bottom one wouldn't change correctly? Also, can you replicate then send a compressed copy of your entire logs folder located at <YellowfinInstall>/appserver/logs along with corresponding timestamps where you applied and ran the filters?

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Pratap,

Try making the filters, "Cached on demand" for the child reports. This assures that every time the report is called the data is refreshed and made an option for selection. Otherwise, you will need to manually cache or schedule a cache. I know that this is the case if the report was run on it's own and it might be the case for co-display also.

photo

Hi Pratap/Larry,

Thank you for the input Larry!

Pratap, I too recommend trying Larry's suggestion of making the filters "Cached on demand" for the child reports, perhaps even before sending logs, to see if this solves your issue.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi,

Thanks, Larry and Mike for your suggestion. But This will not work in my case.

Let me explain the steps to reproduce the issue.

I have created a simple report with two fields and a subreport showing total record count. both reports based on the same view and same parameter (Date Parameter which can't be "Cached on demand")

f82a61aa1f2ed369b3a71c9c5e1a356a

Opened report with a date range

ccbf4bf1672ce4a688d643c3b67c8de7

and it brings the right result in main and subreport. 4 records and 4 record count.

9a7ef0087a1b20e8fa1b0e5fcf677520

now I have created a new record in my database which falls in the same date range. and pressed go (note that I am not reopening report just refreshing report with "Go" ).

It worked fine for the main report and reflected newly created record in the report but not in Sub Report. the count must be 5 at this point but it is showing 4.

a4d464af60f452bcd73e110f01d877cb

now closed the report and reopened with the same date range . and it brings right result first time only.

de1984535e9bd2bff5c3f0ef235956d2

Hope you understand the issue. we are facing the same issue in all the reports having subreports. (Checked same case on YF 7.3 as well as YF 7.4 ).

I think this is not an instance-specific issue and can be replicated in any instance. I have attached YFX file for the same Example report shown above.

Regards

Pratap

photo

This is very helpful. Clarifying that the filter is a date filter is even more helpful. Sounds like the co-display report is cached after the first run. That issue requires a deeper dive than my current installation will allow me so I'll leave it to the experts here. Best regards!

photo
photo

Hi Pratap,

Thank you for your detailed replication steps! I am definitely going to attempt to replicate this first thing tomorrow morning. I just have one further question first: when you add a new data value in your db and re-load the report, from that point on, you are able to see and keep the newly added data, correct? The issue is that if you add new data and re-filter, the new data shows in main report, but not in the sub-report, and when you reload the report, everything works as expected from that time on, correct?

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Pratap,

I am able to replicate what you are seeing here:

Original results:

41e28e09fff523de9a3a8fc12d352a76

After adding a new Artist row in my database and repressing "Go":

21877a6c7b42f983da57675831869316

Then finally, closing and reopening:

4902f69dadf6b9696e52280ccca4443b

I've gone ahead and raised this as a defect in our internal tracking system. It looks like closing and reopening the report will have to be the workaround for this in the meantime. Any potential updates regarding this matter will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Any update on this defect?

Regards

Pratap

photo

Hi Pratap,

I don't have any updates on this as of yet. To be honest, due to the simplicity of the workaround, and considering the fact this only applies when the report is open not just the first time, but open when the db is being updated, and doesn't apply once re-opened, it's very unlikely we'll see any action on this. Of course, I'll let you know once an official decision is made though!

Regards,

Mike

photo
photo

Hi Mike,

Can you please provide the defect ID and let us know when it is going to be fixed or this is fixed in any new version of yellowfin.

Thank you!

Sumit K

photo

Hi Sumit,

There is no updates on this task as of yet, but I've gone ahead and requested one. I also added you to our client list of those who's being affected by this behavior. The defect ID is YFN-10474.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Any update on same.

Regards

Pratap

photo

Hi Pratap,

No updates as of yet. This is already set to Highest priority and I've left a comment noting you've requested an update and hope to hear something back soon.

Regards,

Mike

photo

HI Mike/Team,

Do we have any update on YFN-10474.

Regards,

Durgesh

photo

Hi Durgesh,

One of our dev team marked this as 'In Progress' yesterday, so it appears this is now being looked at and that we should have an update of some sort to provide for you shortly.

Regards,

Mike

photo
photo

Hi All,

This has been fixed and published in 7.4.11. You can download latest builds here.

It is also marked for next BMC 8.0.2 and BMC 7.3 builds.

Please download and test when you get the chance and let us know how goes.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file