smart reporting total on percentage against column function

Brijesh Patel shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hello,

We're using BMC's Smart Reporting and have a cross-tab report which shows the number of incidents and percentage of incidents broken down into month and priority of ticket.

The customers want to be able to perform a total against each month, and the percentage function (using percentage against column) to be calculated against each month, unfortunately, doing a totals against the percentage function is not producing the correct calculation irrespective of the total type being used (calculated total is no different to sum).

Any idea on how to achieve the required result?

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Brijesh,

Due to our contract with BMC, all BMC clients must go through their support channels. If the issue is determined to be a Yellowfin problem they will escalate to us as needed.

That said, a couple quick thoughts on this case:

You can change how advanced functions are applied in the column's formatting options:

f9f4a735ed2d00cf4d78fd02446546c8

Additionally, it may not be possible to get the totals you are looking for here. Totals are applied post-processing and will sum up the entire row/column, so if you were to apply this row wise you would only see 100%s going down the total column.

Hope this helps, and again I would recommend reaching out to BMC support here :)

Nathan

photo

Hi,

Thanks for that Nathan - appreciate the reply. Is this also true for BMC Partners?

Aside, I expected that to be the case regarding the application of the totals and functions. Thanks for your help (on previous posts too!).

photo

Hi Brijesh,

No problem!

I am not sure on the exact line, but generally if you have purchased Yellowfin through BMC, rather than a direct license through us, then you will need to go through BMC first.

Regards,

Nathan

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file