remove information access in a dashboard portlet

Drew Goddin shared this idea 6 years ago
Idea Logged

How do you remove the ability to see the report information on the Dashboard portlet? I don't want my users seeing the report details, fields and SQL code.

778296892bfa85a4dd96b4349fcd4b90

Replies (10)

photo

Hi Drew,

This, and other settings regarding what exactly is visible to users, will be configurable through user permissions:

e3e41e616214b926f7f75cbb146738e1

This should adjust the specific setting you are talking about but I would recommend looking through all of the options.

Nathan

photo

I'd still like to have the Dashboard Report Menu just not the Information option.

photo

Hi Drew,

Unfortunately, there is currently no option to control this specifically. I would suggest that you raise an idea topic so on the Community so our dev team can consider this for the roadmap.

As far as an immediate work around, I was hoping you could add some custom CSS to hide this specific option, but there is no specific class for this menu option, so any sort of work around would need to be done in javascript which I am hesitant to suggest.

Sorry for the troubles.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Drew,

I am going to set this ticket to closed for now, but if there is anything else I can do to help here, please just let me know and the case will be re-opened!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hello,

Has this issue been resolved to hide the information on the dashboard related to the report menu? If not resolved, can you supply of workaround to hide it.

Thank you,

allen

photo

Hi Simon,

I'm in version 9 and have uploaded 2 screenshots to demonstrate that you can see the information button and the info it provides. It provides a way to see an SQL statement which doesn't need to appear on the client side.

Thanks,

allen

photo

Hi Simon,

The hide SQL worked for the View SQL on the dashboard. How can I hide the report details and columns tabs? I need the report menu on the dashboard for the print and export.

Thanks,

photo

Sounds good, Thank you Simon for the help.

photo

I have the same basic question. I want to keep the export option but hide all other details (sql, columns, details etc).

Also the options on the top right of the dashboard that show list of users with access, broadcast and share options. Tx

photo

Hi Dermot,

Currently this isn't possible but I'll add your support to our existing enhancement. Hopefully we can see this feature in the future!

Kind regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file