How best to determine what view a report uses?

Guest shared this idea 6 years ago
Idea Logged

In YF 7.1, you could determine the view that a report used under details. However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to determine what view a report uses in YF 7.4 without editing the report and then editing the view from in the edited report - this is really not ideal. I'm thinking I must be missing something?

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Peter,

Thank you for reaching out. The easiest way to tell what View a report is associated with, though it requires some aforethought, is if you leave the details to its default when you save it or in some way reference the view. This way when you Browse All, it's readily displayed:

9b46d09b12d23d906421b6a20362bb90

Of course this may not be the best idea for all use cases, and the description will stay the same if you change the view, so there are those caveats which could make doing this way not useful or doable.

Really the best way to see the view is by actually going into the ticket, but you don't have to actual edit it. You can click into the report and click the "i" to see what view the report is associated with:

e3770a4924562bb90cb544c49ce04218

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Good answer Mike, thanks,

I am curious if I could request that, when in list layout view of browse, the columns button could be used to show the view? Just like you can use it right now to see the Run Time, Sub Folder, Folder, Broadcats, etc.

photo

Hi Peter,

I do like that idea and agree it would be beneficial to see this information more quickly. I've gone ahead and created an enhancement request for this. Any potential updates regarding this matter will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file