Problems configuring a filter on the yellowfin/tomcat timeout to redirect to the host app

M Barry shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi YF Support,

We have integrated Yellowfin into our application using IFrame and are trying to redirect the tomcat timeout to a different url outside Yellowfin to avoid having the Yellowfin timeout page. I am trying to use a tomcat filter to do this but i need to know the correct url or servlet to use for the filter-mapping.

I have attached the segment from the /var/yellowfin/appserver/conf/web.xml

When it runs I can see the logging from my filter. Obviously as it is mapped to url /* it runs for every request and the session is always null (i.e. (HttpServletRequest)request.getSession(false) == null). I'd like to target it to only the timeout event and/or work out how to identify the tomcat session has timed out.

If we can get this working we'd like to use the same Filter approach to avoid the user attempting to go directly to the Yellowfin url without going through the host app and to redirect it through the host app. Do you think this is feasible?

Thanks

Michelle

/Timeout*

REQUEST -->

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. Tomcat configuration and manipulation isn't officially supported as per the Yellowfin Support contract.

That being said, I'd like to start by directing your attention towards a native Yellowfin Configuration we have created to do exactly what you're after:

e40bc709d6a65fb68b2a6b32373b4d54

Under 'Administration' > 'Configuration' > 'Integration' >'Timeout Page', you can specify a custom URL to redirect to when a user times out. This takes a lot of the headache out of working with a tomcat redirect filter!

Does this help?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Michelle,

I wanted to reach out and see if you've had a chance to review my reply. If I don't hear back, I'll presume I've provided a viable solution to your question.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Michelle,

Since I haven't heard back, I'm going to go ahead and mark this as answered.

Thanks,

Ryan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file