Percentage of Total in Cross tab report

Arthur Jalmusny shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Hi, please, let me know how can I apply the advanced function 'Percentage of total' in a cross tab report. It works in columnar report. See the image below using cross tab with error in the percentage of total:

03a6749aadedca2ca80621c027e27b6f

See the image below from other report with the same data, but without error:

f88c04d56275697153e7130b9e17bcf2

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for getting in touch. When using % of Total on a cross-tab report, the percentage is calculated based on the total value of the row.

To achieve the the percentages shown in your second screenshot, it will be necessary to switch your "Year" and "Agency region" columns .

c9653203cfbc592cae13757aaff82a24

Please let me know if this does not work for you, or if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Natan, I used the Ski Team database as a sample.

The customer need the Year in the columns because they have a lot of products in the lines. They do not want to use Products in the columns.

The Advanced function 'Percentage of Total' works using Year in the Sections, but the customer said that they need all the Years in the column as in the image above.

Please, can you try to find other solution?

photo

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for the clarification and I apologize for the hasty answer. The application of an advanced function (to rows vs columns) can be switched within the 'Summary' section of the 'Column Formatting' menu as seen below:

eb135ce7df73cddf3d582d026fa6f8f6

Please let me know if this meets your needs.

Nathan

photo

Show!

photo

Hi Arthur,

The function seen below can be found in my screenshot above. This initially will be set to "Row Based".

92de946e9869dae7ceef8f52e46f498d

Changing it to "Column Based" produces this result:

df7bf5f0e6984144f158d12e6ac55f15

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Sorry! I understood. We use 'Show' as the same meaning as 'Cool'.

photo

Oh, I'll have to start using that!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file