Ability to create table on Output canvas just like Charts.

Abhijeet Teli shared this idea 7 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi Team,

Yellowfin's output canvas is very useful to design the output the way we want by resizing multiple components. we can include multiple charts and other components to make it more visually intuitive. There is only one thing missing is to add another table.

When we create any Report with 8-10 columns, only one table on the output gets generated. i can create multiple charts using different sets of Dimensions and measures but it will be great if we can do same thing with Tables,

It will allow users to create a different table other than Master table which will be much more context driven and they can place them on the canvas along with chart.

As illustrated below.

572a8a6d5d9eb73736313c41ca8ce735

Thanks,

Abhijeet

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Abhijeet,

What you're actually after is a mix of 'co-display' reports with chart canvas.

A report will only ever return a single table, which cannot then be split into another tables, it's just not how YF was designed.

There are no plans to support the ability of creating a custom table within a report.

You will need to create a separate report for each table you would like, and use co-display reports to get it looking as close to what you want as possible.

Sorry for the bad news on this.

Regards,

David

photo

Abhijeet. So after reviewing your request and DR's comments I also worked with the consulting team here and the way you have the request above is not how the system was designed. So as DR outlines not something that we are going to under take. If we can look at another way to help your BO Remedy customers migrate over more easier we are all ears. Do note that later this year we are working on multi-chart dash boarding functionality that will allow you to do a lot more around what you are getting at. Thanks

photo

Hi Team,

I believe what Abhijeet is saying is absolutely correct because if you create a co-display report then during export it comes to two tabs of excel file which is not correct. Moreover, it is always extra effort to create two reports and then co-display.

you should take this idea and execute it asap, it will help a lot.

If you need more information then let me know.

photo

One more point that, if I use Dashboard then also export will come to different tabs of the excel which is not logical.

photo

Thanks for the extra info Arkadyuti, it has been noted.

For updates on this feature please stay subscribed. Though at this point in time we do not have immediate plans to implement this feature.

However in saying this, there are going to be some pretty big changes to dashboards in the next major release, so stay tuned.

Regards,

David

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file