CLOB datatype

Jean-Michel Cousin shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hello,

I have a view containing a column CLOB datatype. whe i try to add in report I got an error message. how to manage CLOD dataype in report

THank you for your support

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Jean,

Can you please send me the yellowfin logs slightly after you re-produce this error?

CLOB should be supported in some format, so I would be interested in seeing exactly what this error is.

You can find your logs: (yourYFInstall/appserver/logs)

Nathan

photo

Hello Nathan,

Sorry for the delay, but I don't have access to logs already. I'll give you info asap.

best regards

photo

Hi Jean,

No worries and sounds good!

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

I have the same issue on 7.1 version, when i uncheck to show duplicate records. underneath database is Oracle 12c.

Here is the error:

An exception occured: ERROR (552): The SQL database operation failed.; ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected - got CLOB . Please check the SQL syntax and try again.

In ver 7.3, there is a pre-defined function "Convert CLOB to Varchar (Oracle), ARJDB" function on clob field and the report throw the following error.

Error retrieving results

ERROR (552): The SQL database operation failed.; ORA-64203: Destination buffer too small to hold CLOB data after character set conversion.

Regards

Mohammad

photo

Hello,

Regarding this issue.

in the log file the error message is:

YF:2018-03-2204:56:10:ERROR (DBAction:error) - Error occured selecting data:java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected - got CLOB

java.sql.SQLException:ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected - got CLOB

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:445)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:396)...................

not sure is helpfull.

best regards,

Jean-Michel

photo

Hi Jean-Michel,

Thanks for the errors, this appears specific to the communication between your oracle db and the jdbc driver for it. That said it is still difficult to determine if this is a Yellowfin issue or not, is there more to this stacktrace?

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

CLOB record are now handle correctly. it was in our settings where CLOB record was not set,

Thank you for your help.

best regards

Jean-Michel

photo

Hi Jean-Michel,

Glad to hear it.

Nathan

photo

Hi Jean-Michel,

we see the same error. Can you please be a bit more specific about where you "didn't set CLOB" in your settings?

Best Regards,

Martin

photo

Hi Martin,

I believe this was put down to the column used in the query, and how it was being used. To resolve this, you're most likely going to have to look at how the query was built, and how it can be changed to support CLOB types.

The following should help:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12980038/ora-00932-inconsistent-datatypes-expected-got-clob

https://community.oracle.com/thread/759018

If you need further assistance on content creation, or how your data is being stored, you might want to reach out to Remedy as they should be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

David

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file