Threshold / Ref Line value for Charts should be Dynamic

Abhijeet Teli shared this idea 7 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi Team,

Ref Line or Threshold for Charts is great feature it gives quick attention on problematic data points. But we would love to use this feature in a Dynamic manner,

If we able to use this value from View then it will make much more sense when we use it in much complex scenario,

cebbe8072d04f1aa9ded8d81ec94390f

Use Case :

We have a Report which gives us an UpTime and DownTime analysis of all Business Services in Stacked Bar Chart grouped by month and we have included Business Service in a Section, Now we can set Uptime threshold as 95% as Global Target but it may not be applicable for all the business services as some of critical business service's threshold may be calculated based on business logic,

So instead of hard coding it as 95% if we can use the field from View which has a specific target value for each business Services then it will provide Accurate analysis,

Thanks,

Abhijeet

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Abhijeet,

Thanks for your post.

We are looking into this and will update you.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Hi Abhijeet,

This is something that has been logged as an enhancement request to be discussed for a future release.

In the meantime, you can think about using a conditional format applied to the metric column and then display the conditional format on the chart instead.

Thanks,

David

photo

To provide a little more insight on how you can implement via the conditional formats.

1. Create your condition.

89819c528148cd424b6b44ee1046e6a5

2. On you chart settings, modify the series settings and enable the conditional format.

ebe642bac089ac6d17ce806754a2a0ae

You end up with something like this:

43ef5c57cd7fb299a4811bc57fbb24ef

photo

Hi guys, I also would like to have a dynamic reference line.

As we know, currently these reference lines are static, hard coded. We need to give the exact values for it.

However, it would be great to have a dynamic reference line whose value change according to a specific data point.

For example, in my dataset, I have average values as another data point where I would like to use as a reference line. So, instead of having a static reference line, I would like to have my average values as a reference.

What I want is slightly different than the original idea (which requests reference line to be pointed to a column in a view as far as I see) but the general concept is same. Dynamic reference line.

photo

Hi Vefa,

Sorry for the delays.

Yeah I think there could be a few different ways to tackle this, though the underlying problem is the same, so once we have come up with a solution we will provide an update. Unfortunately no plans as yet.

I think the best way to tackle these scenarios is to use conditional formats, though it's then a matter of working out how to display it in a chart that makes the most sense for your use case.

Thanks,

David

photo

Hello David,

I am also having this problem. Would be great to see these reference lines made dynamic.

Many thanks,

Deannah

photo

Is there update about this development?

photo

Hi Deannah, Maria,

No implementation of this yet, although I have raised this to the attention of our wider team.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Is there any progress on this?

photo

Hi Sepehr,

I hope all is well,

Unfortunately no movement on this as this would mean a huge code change at our end. Our only options at this point would be to consider the following:

• Use an existing or modify/create a new advanced function to do this - I know that some clients have the capabilities of writing advanced functions.
  • Use a JS chart.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Regards,

Mark

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file