Backup and Restore V 7.3

Mohammad Al Taj shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I'm Trying to Make Backup and Restore V 7.3 from Server A to server B .

Can any one help me ?

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Mohammad,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. I can offer some high-level advice coupled with some information on connecting Yellowfin afterwards.

The first step you'll want to take is backing up everything on Server A. There are two things that make up Yellowfin:

1. The Yellowfin Configuration Database (chosen upon install).
  2. The Yellowfin Installation Folder.

For the first item, this is going to be dependent on your RDBMS type. You'll want to take a full backup of the Yellowfin Configuration Database as per the specifications of your Database Type.

The second item you can compress and copy over to the new Server. As per this posting, there are three places in Yellowfin configuration files where you must update the new path.

1) <YF>/appserver/conf/Catalina/localhost/ROOT.xml

at the top of the ROOT.xml file you will see the old path which you must modifiy

2) <YF>/appserver/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml

at the top of the web.xml file you will see the old path which you must modify

3) <YF>/appserver/bin/catalina.bat (or catalina.sh for linux)

search for CATALINA_HOME and you will see the old path which you must modify

You'll also want to verify your JRE_HOME variable in the catalina.bat / catalina.sh file (bat for Windows, sh for Linux).

Restore your Configuration Database backup onto Server B.

Edit the <YellowfinInstall>/appserver/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml file on line 112 to point to this newly restored database, as per this post.

This will effectively allow you to start up Yellowfin on Server B.

NOTE: The Yellowfin license file is based on hostname. You will have to reach out to your Account Manager for a new license file if your hostname changes.

If you're unsure about any of this, I recommend contacting your local Database or IT Administrator for assistance.

Does this help?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Thanks Ryan ,

I will test it and update you .....

Thakns

photo

Hi Mohammad,

Thanks for the reply. I look forward to your results.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Mohammad,

I wanted to reach out on this and see if you were able to accomplish your task. If I don't hear back, I'll presume my reply answered your question.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Mohammad,

I'm going to mark this as Answered, since I haven't heard back from you for some time. Please don't hesitate to reach out with further questions or issues.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Ryan ,

Yes please make it answered, sorry i forgot update you .

Thanks

photo

Hi Mohammad,

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm glad we were able to assist you.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file