url to a filtered dashboard that I can send via email

Cindy Bakewell shared this idea 6 years ago
Idea Logged

I would like to send a link to our customer via an email that takes them to their dashboard already filtered with specific data.

Unfortunately, if I use the tab info it creates a url like this:

analytics-qa.edmeasures.com:8080/RunDashboard.i4?dashUUID=64e1db8d-6dab-4a5f-91c1-7541b8ffe229&primaryOrg=1&clientOrg=12031&analyticFilter|219727|FILTER|219728|value1=RBC++GAM+US&analyticFilter|219727|FILTER|219729|value1=RBC+GAM+ESG+Roadshow&analyticFilter|219727|FILTER|219730|value1=Responsible+Investment.+Responsible+Disruption.+hosted+by+RBC+GAM

If I create an email and in the body of the text have something like "Please click this link to access your analytics dashboard for your latest event..." and want them to be able to click on the word "link" to take them to the dashboard that is filtered - gmail strips out the link.

I've tried to use the Share/Link but that does not retain the filters I applied. It just sends them to the dashboard.

I need to be able to send my clients a link they can click on that isn't that long ugly url (it doesn't look professional).

If I try to send the email via Yellowfin and your Share/Email feature then I get something like the screenshot attached. It doesn't look good and I also need to attach a pdf to my email which I can't do via your system.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Cindy,

I will change this to an idea ticket and we will work from there.

Not sure if we can create a hyperlink at the moment.

We will let you know if we can request an internal enhancement request.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Mahesh

photo

This has been raised as an enhancement request, though there are no solid plans to implement this as yet, and it may not even be possible.

Though something to be reviewed.

Thanks for the feedback Cindy, at this point in time, there might be a way for you to configure your gmail account to always allow emails from Yellowfin and not to strip (if there is such a setting).

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi Cindy,

Does the dashboard URL work for you on another borwser? If you share the url on chat (where the url is shared "as is"), is the person clicking on the chat link able to see the dashboard with the filters correctly applied as per the link?

Thanks,

Andy

PS : Another way to retain the parameters (prevent them from getting stripped) and also to share a small (more professional looking) url is to try using the tinyurl solution.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file