Adding variable data like columns (not a crosstab)

Joan Poblet shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Hi,

We have a situation with the following scenery:

In a View, we have the Entity user which has a 0:N to the dimension User Responsible.

A user will not have more than 3 responsibles.

We would like to create a report like the one attached (two different options in the two different excel tab). A crosstab isn't a valid option because we have about 15.000 users and 1.000 responsibles in the database.

The purpose is avoiding several rows for each student who has more than one responsible. We thought of using several subqueries but we don't know either to select a specific row number from the subquery or appending the results from the subquery in just one column.

Is there a way to achieve something like that?

Many thanks for your help.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Joan.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Joan,

Thank you for getting in touch. While there is no functionality to achieve this specific outcome within Yellowfin, I would suggest employing the drill-through feature to accomplish your goals.

Apply count distinct aggregation to the 'responsibility 'field, then implement a drill-through on this field so that a pop-up appears showing what responsibilities are associated with that user.

In this example I have applied drill-through to a count of countries associated with each region:

895c876d0e00e642ac4944f24b880f40

A complete guide on creating drill-through reports can be found here:

http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER72/Drill+Through+Reports

Please let me know if you have any questions on this process, or other concerns regarding this issue.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Many thanks for your information, we will try whether Drill Through fits with the expected outcome.

Thanks again.

Best Regards,

Joan.

photo

Hi Joan,

I was just wondering if you have had any luck in resolving this issue? Please let me know if you have any additional questions of if you would be okay with me closing this ticket.

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file