How can I force a consistent width of report columns in a dashboard cross tab report.

jim fuller shared this idea 6 years ago
Idea Logged

I didn't see a column width feature in the style area of report settings. I'm looking to lock the width of columns to a specific width, much like Excel's column width feature.

Without this, a cross tab report looks unpolished in the dashboard with column widths scattershot across the report.

Replies (2)

photo

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. In terms of the cross-tab reports, there is an existing enhancement request (8033) to create cross-tab length options. Currently, a workaround we've come up with is increasing the Left and Right Cell Padding values in the Report Formatting section, which could potentially make most columns appear more uniform.

Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to lock the width of columns to a specific width report-wide, but I do think this is a good candidate for an Idea ticket to forward as an enhancement request.

Would you like to forward this as an enhancement request? If so, please also indicate what company you're with, as more attached Client votes increases the likelihood of an enhancement being made.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Yes I would. CMG, Inc.

photo

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your quick response. I've gone ahead and logged this as an idea and submitted as an enhancement request in our internal tracking system under 9929. Any updates regarding this matter will be posted in this post.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike

It would great if we could set each column’s width by clicking and dragging the column edge as one can do in Excel.

Regards

Paul

photo
photo

Hi Jim,

Great. I've added you to the list of clients in favor of this enhancement. Any potential updates regarding this matter will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file