Oh no! An error has occurred during processing, please try again later

Kevin Remmert shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

I have a report that was working but seems to have been broken recently possibly due to a view change. When going to edit the broken calculation or create a new one in the report I always receive "Oh no! An error has occurred during processing, please try again later" when clicking the validate button or attempting to save the calculation. The message only occurs in this report and it occurs with the simplest of formulas. If I attempt to create a new report with the same simple calculation the validate SQL button works.

How do I get past this? It'd take significant effort to redevelop this report.

11428e489b55e20af1bc63af5974b70e

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Kevin,

Can you send me the yellowfin.log file shortly after replicating this error? You can find this:

yourinstallationfolder/appserver/logs

This should give us a better idea of what exactly is going wrong.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for responding.  My last yellowfin.log is really old.  Thinking I have to change my appserver logging level and bounce tomcat to get you that log?  Can you send me a link to the specifics of that?

Thanks,

Kevin

Sent: Thursday, February 1, 2018 11:12 AM

To: Kevin Remmert

Subject: New Comment in "Oh no! An error has occurred during processing, please try again later"

photo

Hi Nathan,

Got the root cause and problem solved. Looks like this is a chicken vs the egg situation. Becasue the calculated field was broken from a change to the view, the report could not refresh with the calculated field present in the query. Consequently, the validate and save features with the calculated fields were erroring because there was some dependency on the existing query running successfully for the calculated field validation to work.

What I did is removed the broken calculation from the report data first. Then I was able to edit the calculation and validate/save it. Had to readd my calculation to the report and rework my chart.

photo

Hi Kevin,

Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Calculated fields do tend to be susceptible to view/data source level changes, and re-building is often the best bet.

Regarding the logging, this is a bit odd. I would check to make sure your log4j.properties file (in the appserver/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF folder) has not been modified recently, and then try to restart the server.

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file