Reset filter option displays only on Dashboard, not on report level

Pushpal Kumbhare shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Reset filter option displays only on Dashboard, not on report level.

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Pushpal,

I hope all is well,

From my understanding you are requesting that we have a "Reset" button within the Filter at the Report Level. Looking into this further would you mean during the Report Builder; Data Setup, Charts, Output section?

If you can clear this up for me I would greatly appreciate this.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi,

I am requesting to have a Reset button at report level. That means, once I saved the report, it should display Reset button along with the filters. Please find attached screenshot which I have taken from dashboard.

Hope you understood.

photo

Hi Pushpal,

Thanks you for getting back to me and sending in an example of what you are requesting.

From what I can see we already have this option available at the "Report Level" as well as the "Dashboard" and the "Report Builder - Output" Level.

Please see the image below showing this, along with information on the steps taken for the "Report Level" side as requested;

1. I create a report

2. I add a filter

3. I save the report

4. At "Report Level" I see my filter with the "Reset Button" as needed.

20b776d094e0b77e6daaa80c5a7a6d15

I hope this has cleared up your question, if not please do not hesitate to contact me further so we can look into this further for you.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi,

The screenshot you sent is from 7.2 version. I am working on 7.1 version.

Could you please show the same in 7.1 version?

Thanks

photo

Hi Pushpal,

Thank you for getting back to me regarding this issue... In order for me to replicate this can you please provide me with the exact build of Yellowfin 7.1 that you are on please. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Pushpal,

Just an update on this issue; I have since tested this within the build of 7.1 20161017 of which we do have this option available but only when viewed with the filter settings set to "Left Side Nav" this will then give you the option to have the "Reset" option. Please see images below showing this:

eb94016011b2b39c37f4cc8a1daa2c8b

7ac9dbc4d0cbbb9acfd976e63695c308

I will await your response on this.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Below are the build version details.

/wMr6C+cTM6mdwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

We do not keep the filter as 'Left Navigation'. We always keep it on right.

photo

Hi Pushpal,

Thank you for getting back to me, as per my last email I can confirm that this "Refresh" option was introduced within 7.2 and not implemented within 7.1, the only options we have with regards to the "Reset" button are by using the following view for filters: "Left Side Nav"

I think going forward I can question whether or not we can have this introduced within one of our upcoming 7.1 releases but with the launch of 7.3 very soon, it may take some time and even at that you would still have to upgrade to the latest 7.1

Can I recommend that you look to upgrading to one of our newer build of 7.2? or is this something that is not planed as of yet.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file