Enable breadcrumbs when drilling to dashboard tab

Jonathan Allen shared this idea 6 years ago
Idea Logged

As of 7.35 YF supports using dashboards as drill through targets. However, once a user lands at a target dashboard there is not an easy way to go back. The user can use the "back" button on the browser, but that usually leads to a user seeing the "You have tried to perform an action on a page that has already been processed." message for their next action. Suggestion here is to address this gap in navigation to allow a user to easily backtrack when navigating to a dashboard. Alternatively, addressing the error messages that tend to happen when using the browser back button would solve this as well, but I believe this has been a longstanding issue.

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Jonathan,

Yup this makes complete sense, we should display a drill path for navigation, as hitting the back button is not supported.

I've logged the enhancement and attached to this idea, so if there are any updates I'll post here.

At this point there is not ETA, though if there was anything else you were after, please let us know.

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

Just following up on this one - it's becoming more and more critical as our users are getting frustrated with broken navigation. Is there any update on the status?

-Jon

photo

Hi Jon, not as yet, though I'll see if I can ping the dev team for an update. I am aware we will be revamping the dashboards next year so unsure if it's something we can address before them. I'll keep you posted on what I find out.

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi Jon,

I've got some feedback on this, while a little vague it does sound promising.

Essentially they said it's something that will be looked at as part of the dashboard revamp.

So what does that really mean? It means that this item will be picked up, and only then will they know what actually is/isn't possible, and then if it's feasible to put into that release. That's all I can provide right now, but I'll keep you posted on changes in the future.

Please let me know if there was anything else you were after in the meantime.

Regards,

David

photo

Thanks David. I look forward to seeing the new functionality. You can close this one since it won't be addressed in its current form.

photo

Hi Jonathan, this is a public idea, so it will remain open until the feature has been implemented or we firmly say it's not happening.Though in this case it should be the former.

photo

Hi,

Has there been any progress on this feature?

I have encountered the same issue when drilling through to a dashboard.

photo

Sorry Ross, no movement on this task.

However depending on what you're trying to achieve there could be other alternatives. Has your use case been vetted by our solutions team for other possibilities?

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi David,

Thanks for the response.

I haven't had my use case vetted by the solutions team as yet.

In our system, we have a several 'tiers' of admins interested in different levels of data. Tier 1 users view aggregated, high level stats but can drill down to more detail. Lower tier admins view data at a more detailed level and can also drill down. All tiers can ultimately drill down to what is the lowest level of data, which is a list of users of the system. From that point, we would like to be able to drill through to a dashboard containing multiple reports about a single user. As there are a number of reports that we would like to combine into a single overview of that user, a dashboard seems like the best way to do that. The problem we have is that once we drill to the dashboard, there is no obvious way to return to the report as far as I can see.

Thanks for any help.

Ross

photo

That makes complete sense Ross, thanks for the details. Looks like you're only way to do what you're after at this point in time is to drill to a co-display report. That's the only alternative you have right now. Other then some format changes you should still be able to get what you're after.

However, I will update you on breadcrumb changes on dashboards once there is any movement.

Thanks again for the feedback Ross!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file