Line breaks, spaces etc disappears after exporting report to PDF

Sadi shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Hello,

I already submitted a ticket (685-10-27) to YF but hoping if someone here experienced the issue.

I added some texts in the report description box while saving the report. It shows up as expected in the output tab however as soon as I export into PDF, all line breaks, spaces etc goes away. Is it a known issue?

Related question, how can I format texts (bold, italic, size etc) in the report description box? Alternatively, is there a way to add a coversheet in my report as the page1 where I can enter meaningful texts about the report e.g. Data definition, helpful report definition etc?

I already explored the "Header/ Footer" option but I can't format those texts either plus the text shows up in all the pages after exporting to PDF if the report has multiple pages. I need the text to appear only once either on the front page or the last page.

Any pointer would be greatly appreciated.

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Sadi,

Thanks for your post. I have tested he functionality on Ver 7.2, Build 20160926

Issue 1:

I have created a report and entered some description, saved it. Able to see it on the output tab, and exported to PDF and it all looked fine, couldn't replicate the issue. Can you please let me know what version and build are you working on?

Issue 2:

The easiest way will be to create a Chart with Text Widget, where you will have an option to select the Font type and the font size, type in the full length description of the report, create a report and make it a Co-display report, add the first report, add it to the top

93775749fbed50ab3f2a7ce4c5063d6b

ac224c13387b5207cd2bd7fe3d56aa39

After saving the report, while exporting to PDF make sure you choose the Page break for codisplay, so that the report starts from the page 2.

c416b701fd3805bee30fa253cf9f111b

See how you with this and let me know if you have any questions or if this is not clear.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Hi Mahe,

Thanks for your reply.

#1. We are currently on Ver 7.2, Build 20160907

#2. I guess I can live with the proposed workaround using a co-display report for now but maintaining a separate report just for the cover page in PDF export is bit of work. Hope there was an easy solution.

Regards,

Sadi

photo
photo

Hi Sadi,

Thanks for your reply.

I will log this idea as an enhancement request.

Sorry, I don't have an ETA for this.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Hi Mahe,

Is it possible to add "Date Range" or "Customer Name" fields on the "Chart with Text Widget"? I just want to make sure these information is changed dynamically on the coversheet based on parameters user chooses.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Sadi

photo

Hi Sadi,

Sorry, it is not possible to add "Date Range" or Customer Name" fields.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Mahe

Leave a Comment

Attach a file