Disable Save Report / Publish report option to a user

Venu Gopal K shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi,

Is there any way that an administrator can disable the save report or publish report privilege to a user or using role?

But the user should be able to edit report but i want to disable the privilege to save report/Publish report.

Please find the attached screenshot for reference.

Thanks,

Venu

Files: save.JPG

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Venu,

Thanks for your email.

I am just wondering what is the use case of allowing the user to edit the report but not to save the changes?

In Yellowfin, if you give Edit permission for the report, you always have to publish/Save the report.

Are you looking for something like "Approval Required" before publishing report after editing?

If Yes, please click here for more information on Report Approval.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Mahesh

photo

Hi Mahesh,

Sorry for the delay in response.

I was looking something like, Whenever a User or a Tester to edit the report to validate the calculated column or to check the Analysis Style, Filter properties.. etc... they should be able to edit the report to validate all the properties but should not allow them to save or publish the report.

Thanks,

Venu

photo
photo

Hi Venu,

Thanks for your reply.

When ever you edit a report, Yellowfin makes 2 copies of the report and the original Report will still be active.

Without saving the edited report if you go to Browse window, you will see 2 copies of the same report, one will be active and the other will be inactive(Edit mode).

You can delete the inactive report or else open the report and see how the report is built and make changes and see the behaviour that will not interfere with the active report unless you Publish it with the same name. If you Publish with the same name then it will replace the original active report with the changes you made for testing.

I hope this is clear for you. You can test it by creating a test report -> Publish it, then Edit it, Don't save just go to Browse window and you should see 2 copies of the report one is active and the other is inactive.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Mahesh

photo

Hi Venu,

Hope you are doing good.

I am just following up my old tickets.

I haven't heard back on this ticket.

I am just wondering if you still have any questions on this ticket or not.

I will mark this as completed for the moment, incase if you still have questions on this ticket please reply back.

Regards,

Mahesh

Leave a Comment

Attach a file