Is it possible to create Parameters at report level?

Joan Poblet shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Hi,

As far as I've understood, Parameters to be used in a report must be previously created at View level. Due to our user profiles definition, Report writers can't update Views but they are the ones who should create Parameters at report level when need to create a What-if report. So, is it possible Report Writers to create Parameters at Report level instead of being only able to use Parameters previously created at View level by Administrators?

Thank you so much for your help.

Joan.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Joan,

Unfortunately, at this time, parameters can only be created at the view level. Other clients have also expressed interest in adding this feature, and there is currently an enhancement ticket (#102632) open to address this, which I have included your information on. I am sorry for the inconvenience and will let you know if any changes are scheduled to occur.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for your quick answer, it's completely clear. We will be waiting forward for this enhancement. :)

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Joan.

photo

Hi Joan,

No problem! I am going to close this ticket, but I will let you know of any developments on this case. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file