Permission to individual reports

Gadi Glogowski shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Hello,

We have a category that is only accessible to a certain user group. We would like to allow another group access to a single report from that category but not the rest. Is there a security setting that can be done to accomplish this without creating a new report category?

Thanks.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello,

Unfortunately, the way that Yellowfin's permissions are set up, this user will not be able to view the report in its current location.

Yellowfin will always apply the most strict permissions relevant to the item in question. So if a user is allowed access to a report, but the report is contained within a folder that the user is not allowed access to, Yellowfin will go with the permission levels of the folder, as they are more strict.

I would suggest creating a clone of the report, placing that in a location where the user has access to, then restricting access to solely that user.

Nathan

photo

Yes, I thought of that workaround but wanted to know if there was another way from copying the report to another category. As a future enhancement it might be good to have the option of having the security at the report level instead of the category.

photo

Yes, I'm sorry, but beyond cloning the report or creating a new content category, I do not believe that there is anyway to bypass the built in permission hierarchy.

Currently, there are no plans to change the security settings within Yellowfin, but I will raise this issue with the team and let you know if anything is scheduled to change.

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file