Report is giving error while importing when the report is having sub query and calculated fields

Jhansi Kommineni shared this problem 6 years ago
Defect Fixed

Hi,

I am having the issue when importing the report which is having the subquery union. It gives me the error while importing the report saying that "Calculated field is invalid". The report has not imported successfully.

The issue occurs only when subquery union is having calculated fields. Attached is the Report XML which is build on SKITEAM Datasource. Attached are the error screenshots for your reference.

Below are the steps to replicate the issue.

1. Create the report and add the subquery "union" to the report.

2. Create calculated fields

Calc1: INVOICEDAMOUNT + 100

Calc2: INVOICEDAMOUNT + 200

Calc Invoiced Amount: Calc1 + Calc2

3. Use this calculated field "Calc Invoiced Amount" in Report fields

4. Save the Report

5. Export the Report

6. Import the Report and now you will get the error "Calculated field Calc Invoiced Amount is invalid"

7. You can't run the report

7. If you open the formula for "Calc Invoiced Amount". It will be like this null+null.

Below is the system information. The issue exists in 7.1 as well

Application Version:7.3Build:20170523Java Version:1.7.0_80Operating System:Linux 2.6.32-642.3.1.el6.x86_64 (amd64)

Thanks

Jhansi

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Jansi,

Thanks for the detailed info.

This definitely is a defect, but what I'm trying to work out is, if this is something that has been logged.

The next thing is to also see if we can get some sort of priority on this, is this report something that needs to move from dev to prod?

Do you have multiple reports like this?

Is re-creating the report in the interim a valid temp measure? Just worry the fix might take some time (as import issues usually require a large amount of dev & qa work).

Thanks again!

Regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please log the defect and do please prioritize it.

I have around 5 reports like this. Now Iam facing the issue moving the reports from Dev to qa environment. and like this we have 3 more environments between testing to Production for QA testing.

And even in Production we have 6 different servers to deploy them. so Its difficult for us to modify them in each environment that we are deployed.

So Can you please prioritize the defect.

Thanks

Jhansi

photo

Thanks for the detailed info Jhansi.

I've replicated the issue and confirmed it does differ from a similar raised issued.

The defect has been flagged as high and I'll keep you posted on updates.

In reality, the soonest this can be included in a release would be end of Jan (as long as we can get it fixed in the coming weeks), so I think there is more of a chance to have it fixed in a Feb or even March release.

Anything earlier than that would be an interim release, and not something we would recommend running in a prod environment.

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your patience while we deal with this issue.

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi David,

Thanks for the update. Can I have the defect id so I can update the same to my mgt. Is the defect will be fixed in 7.3+ versions right?

Thanks

Jhansi

photo

Hi Jhansi,

This Support ticket is all you need to reference, as the ID is linked to this ticket. Even better, just get mgt to subscribe to the ticket, they will then get all email updates :)

There are possibilities of defect ID's changing, though this ticket ID will not ;)

Regards,

David

photo

Ok David. Thanks for the info.

photo

Hi,

Can you please let me know the ETA for this fix?

Thanks

Jhansi

photo

This task has been flagged as 'done' by the devs and will be included in the Jany 2018 release. This means it will be made available for download in about 2 - 3 weeks :) .

Once it's ready for download I'll update this post.

...not much longer, sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

David

photo

Hi Jhansi,

Just wanted to check in and see if you have updated your 7.3 and now have it all working?

Thanks,

David

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file