Questions related to Dashboard creation.

Mat Chabros shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Good afternoon Yellowfin team,

I have two (maybe three) questions related to dashboard creation.

1) Is it possible to use one section slider for the whole dashboard?

2) Is it possible to use the chart that had been created in a report separately on a dashboard without the need of creating multiple copies of the same report?

3) How can I update the underlying CSV files? Say, I have a report that needs to be sent out every morning, how can I update that particular file from my PC? Is there another way to do that say on the server side?

Best wishes,

Mat

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Mat,

1) Yes it is possible if you link all the sliders in the dashboard tab to one report's slider (you decide which report will be this main one):

/1hoAliKKygVc8KJyMb+5bK6v1791VP3WUXV9vb40yxYAAHiNonIBF7yrXAAAAAuAonIBF1C5AACAaxSVC7iAygUAAFyjqFzABVQuAADgGkXlAi6gcgEAANcoKhdwwa1cEQ5xutkAwOAQhuyhcgE3MMoFAABco6hcwAVULgAA4Bqdu3L9P3qBjRmxSOVXAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

Please read our wiki article on this topic.

2) I'm not exactly sure of what you are asking here....but I think the situation is this - you have 1 report that contains both a table and a chart. And you would like to show both the table and chart at the same time on a dashboard tab. This is not possible. A user can change whether the table or the chart is displayed individually, but both cannot be displayed at the same time. Unless of course, as you said, if you create a copy of the original report then it is possible.

3) When you say the "underlying CSV files", I'm interpreting that as meaning a report created by using the Report Builder CSV Import feature, in which case the answer for users of Yellowfin 7.2 such as yourself is not automatically - you will have to update it manually. However, in the new Yellowfin 7.4, as well as many other wonderful new features there is one particular new feature called Data Transformation which is an ETL process, you will be able to schedule Yellowfin to extract (and manipulate) data from a CSV file (as well as other types of sources) and update a table with the new data, then of course, if you have a report and view based on the table, this means that if you have a daily broadcast of the report, then as long as you schedule the Data Transformation to be before your broadcast schedule, your client will always get the latest data.

I hope that information helps you, if you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask,

regards,

David

photo

That is awesome! Thank you very much David!

photo

Regarding question 1).

My apologies as I did not phrase the question right, I did not mean to use a slider, but the section buttons when they are in a tabbed form. Is it possible to link them to other similar reports?

photo

Hi Mat,

ah, the section buttons! Unfortunately the answer is no - it is not possible to link them to other reports which also have the same section tabs.

Sorry for the bad news.

regards,

David

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file