YF 7.4 on the New Firefox browser problems

VisionBI | Jurgen shared this problem 6 years ago
Defect Fixed

With YF I use Firefox. Since last week there is a new version of Firefox, I've installed that version. Now I experience the following problems:

- Hovertext doesn't work.

- Drill-thru on reports doesn't work.

- Brushing doesn't work.

I've tried it with Microsoft Edge, all of above work with Edge. This is based on YF74, but also with YF73+ we see problems. The 'hand' disappears when you hover over after one time, but the drill-thru works. Brushing and hover-text doesn't work.

Regards,

Jurgen

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for your email.

May I know which version of Yellowfin are you using.

I tested on 57.0 and it works ok for me.

b5b693a6aeeeb0749f057ce0f6cfd9fc

Let me know the version you have tested on, I will install the same version.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Hi Mahe,

I've tested on the same version 57.0 (64-bit) on Yellowfin 7.4.

I will give you some examples on the Skidata demo.

- Sales Performance Tab, "Performance by Region". No possibility anymore to drill on the graph (bars). If you open the report you see there is a drill path defined, you can drill on the table underneath the graph.

- Sales Performance Tab, "Profit Trends & Forecast". No trend and forecast can be shown. If I open the graph in design mode you see both are selected, but when you hover over you get a message that this function cannot be applied. (Also in Edge it doesn't work)

- Campaign Analysis, "Revenue by Media Category". Cannot select a piece of the pie anymore. Double-click doesn't work.

And in general, hovertext doesn't work in Firefox. So maybe it's a setting in Firefox that causes these problems, but this is a default installation of Firefox, so then by default it doesn't work right with Yellowfin 7.4.

All these (except trend/forecast) work with Edge.

Regards,

Jurgen

photo
photo

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for the examples, I have tested and recorded it.

Please find attached small video with this email.

Let me know if there is anything I can do, or if I did it wrong.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Hello Mahe,

I've tried on a laptop of a collegue, it worked on his. So it seems to be something with my installation. I've removed it, re-installed, but still have the same problem.

I only have the problem with YF74, earlier versions are no problem.

Also in your video I see that the trend/forecast is gone in "Profit Trends & Forecast".

So the Firefox thing has something to do with my installation, the odd thing is .. I can't fix it for YF 7.4.

So any hints are welcome.

Regards,

Jurgen

photo

I've some new information. It seems to be a problem with Firefox on Yellowfin 7.4 with computers that have a touch screen (like mine). One of my colleges doesn't have a touch screen, it works fine. The other has a touchscreen and has the same problem. When he disables his touchscreen, it works fine.

He saw there was a similar problem with a previous version of Yellowfin.

So it seems to be a technical problem with Yellowfin 7.4.

Regards,

Jurgen

photo
photo

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks a lot for the information.

This issue is raised as a defect and the defect id is: 5633

As of now, I believe the fix will be available in End of Month December release.

If there is any change, I will let you know.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Thank you for the feedback.

I just noticed that also in the community portal the 'My tickets' and 'My topics' do not work anymore on a laptop with touchscreen. So the problem is not only within Yellowfin, it seems to be a general Firefox problem.

I thought maybe good to let you know.

Regards,

Jurgen

photo
photo

Hi Jurgen,

Really appreciate for letting us know your experience with Firefox on touch screen.

I will update this information on the ticket and will let you know as soon as the issue is fixed from our side.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Hi Jurgen,

Hope you are doing well.

I just want to let you know that this issue has already been fixed in January release.

Please upgrade to the latest build of 7.4.

Regards,

Mahesh

Leave a Comment

Attach a file