How to Migrate yellow fin application from one server to another.

Parkash shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

I have already move yellow fin configuration data base successfully, but now I want to migrate Yellow fin environment including with installation directory.

what I will do for it.

Pl. suggest me.

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Parkash,

firstly, if your Yellowfin installation is not customised then most probably there is no need to migrate it, just install a new instance of Yellowfin on your new server and then point it to your existing Yellowfin config db. The easiest way to do this is during the install wizard, choose HSQL embedded database to install into, then run Yellowfin once to create the web application, then edit the web.xml file (YF/appserver/ROOT/WEB-INF) so the JDBCDriver is correct (i.e. you won't be wanting the HSQL driver), and also the JDBCURL and user and password.

However, if you really do want to migrate your existing Yellowfin file system, then if you are on windows an important thing to know is that you don't have to worry about the registry because Yellowfin does not write to it, and if you are moving Yellowfin to the same path on the new server all you will have to do is to paste the Yellowfin folder there (and also do step 4 below). However, if the path on the new server is different than the old one then you will need to update the in 3 places:

1) /appserver/conf/Catalina/localhost/ROOT.xml

at the top of the ROOT.xml file you will see the old path which you must modifiy

2) /appserver/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml

at the top of the web.xml file you will see the old path which you must modify

3) /appserver/bin/catalina.bat (or catalina.sh for linux)

search for CATALINA_HOME and you will see the old path which you must modify

4) also if your java is a different version on the new server you will have to modify JRE_HOME which is also in the above catalina.bat file.

I hope that helps, please let us know how you get on with this.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Team

Good Morning..

I have better understood the procedure of yellow fin application Migration .

Thanks a lot for best Support Service.

Regards,

08f4339ef45d387e6307dfc1394e32d9

Cell:         8557852536

E-Mail:    parkash.chand@viennasolutions.com

Web:       viennasolutions.com

Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2017 11:09 AM

To: Parkash

Subject: New Comment in "How to Migrate yellow fin application from one server to another."

photo

TY.

photo
photo

That's great news Parkash, I hope it all goes well. And if you have any other questions or concerns about your forthcoming migration please don't hesitate to ask me!

regards,

David

photo

TY.

Regards,

f58f4b5200cb2c95cfff24aa261a395f

Cell:         8557852536

E-Mail:    parkash.chand@viennasolutions.com

Web:       viennasolutions.com

Sent: Friday, November 17, 2017 11:33 AM

To: Parkash

Subject: New Comment in "How to Migrate yellow fin application from one server to another."

photo

you're welcome!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file