Cross Tab Borders

Tal Mickel shared this problem 6 years ago
Defect Fixed

When a report in cross tab mode, the fields used in the "Columns" section will not show borders. See the screenshot below. :)

Bests

Dor & Tal

22d4f702ce0d0a91850e0868926c27b5

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Tal,

yes indeed I was able to reproduce the border issue as you have described, then I also tested it out in an older Yellowfin and saw that the crosstab column borders were working very well in the olden days:

/fdIDAAAAAFhMegAAAACghkkPAAAAANQw6QEAAACAGiY9AAAAAFDDpAcAAAAAan7wpAcAAAAA6Ptg5mLSAwAAAIBH+2DmYtIDAAAAgEf7YOb6P5MeAAAAAOB7mPQAAAAAQA2THgAAAACoYdIDAAAAADVMegAAAACghkkPAAAAANQw6QEAAACAGiY9AAAAAFDDpAcAAAAAapj0AAAAAEANkx4AAAAAqGHSAwAAAAA1THoAAAAAoIZJDwAAAADUMOkBAAAAgBomPQAAAABQw6QHAAAAAGr+AA2IMx36iZrEAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

So because of this, I have gone ahead and raised a defect (YFN-8827) so that the developers will fix this bug.

Thanks for alerting us to its presence, and apologies for the inconvenience caused by it.

regards,

David

photo

This is great !

Thank you Dave !!

Bests,

Dor & Tal

photo
photo

You're welcome! Glad to be of service.

regards,

David

photo

Hey David ! Dor here

Just checking for any update on this matter :) is there any ?

Thanks !

Dor & Tal

photo

Hi Dor,

I've checked the status of the defect and unfortunately there hasn't been any progress with it as of yet, so what I've done is to raise its priority to that of HIGH - that's sure to get things moving!

regards,

David

photo

Thank you !!

photo

anytime!

photo

Hey Dave!

Any update as for today ? :)

photo

Hi Dor,

good news! I've checked the status of the defect and it's been fixed and will be included in the next build of 7.2 (which under the new naming system is called 7.2.18). The only thing is, at this point in time we don't have an exact release date for it, however, suffice to say that it will be in the next 7.2 build.

regards,

David

photo

Hey Dave! That's awesome ! Thank you for your update.

Just checking - you've mentioned 7.2, I can assume 7.4 is included as well, right ?

photo

Hi Dor,

yes, code-fixes in lower versions automatically get propagated upwards to the higher ones as well.

regards,

David

photo

Hey Dave,

Bad news. this wasn't fixed in 7.4.6

proof-

the settings applied -

the result-

photo

Hi Dor,

I've investigated this and you're correct. Apparently fixes only get automatically propagated upwards to more recent versions if the code is the same. Sometimes when a particular feature has been re-designed over the years, the fix in the earlier version won't work in the latest version - so this requires a separate fix to be done for the latest version.

Sorry about this, the problem was that when Payoneer originally raised this ticket, the Product Version was marked as 7.2, and so that was what flowed through to the developers.

I have added a note to the defect that the fix should be applied to 7.4

regards,

David

photo

Hello again Dor,

what I just wrote is correct...however....I made a mistake in my reading of the status of the defect!

It has actually been fixed but it hasn't been reviewed yet. So after the review (which won't be long now) then it will be merged into 7.4

Sorry for the confusion created by me!

regards,

David

photo

That's fine Dave!

Is there any update regarding which release will include this fix ?

photo

Hi Dor,

I've checked the defect notes and it is in build 7.4.7 that was released last Friday.

regards,

David

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file