Set broadcast alert based on field change?

Lori Ivey shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

I am trying to find a way to broadcast an alert when a date changes.

For example, we have session 123456 scheduled for 10/1/2017. If this date changes, I would like to send out an alert. However, the original date is not stored in the database.

Any help is appreciated.

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Lori,

Ok, so I think there could be a few ways to tackle this, but I cannot for the life of me think how any of it will work, unless the original date is not turned in the report.

Is there a reason why you cannot store the original date ?

You could then have a filter that says 'if <current date> is different from <original date>' then email.

You can then have a broadcast alert that says 'if report is not empty' , then email .

I know the above answer is not extremely detailed, though I'm happy to elaborate if you can give me a bit more info on the sort of data you're using (keep in mind this is public forum, so switch to 'private ticket' if you include sensitive data), how often it changes, and how the data is actually stored/returned in the report.

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi Lori, just checking in on this.

Was there anything further you needed?

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi Lori, it's been a while since we've heard from you on this, so going to close this down. Feel free to shoot through anything further you required on this.

Regards,

David

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file