Where is the 7.4 upgrade?

David Registro shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

I've got access to the 7.4 downloads, but only see the full installers. Where is the upgrade installer?

Replies (5)

photo

The 7.4 Upgrade has not yet been finalised, however we aim is to have it in time for the Jan 2018 release.

Once completed it will be made available via the support centre downloads, along with the full installer.

As with any major upgrade, please ensure you have read up on upgrade best practices prior to running.

For more info on Yellowfin 7.4, please check the following release notes.

For anything else, please reach out to the YF support team via support@yellowfin.bi, or via the YF community.

Regards,

David

photo

Hi David

Is it possible to start a new YF 7.4 Installation and then attached a 7.3 YF SQL DB to it ??

My company is looking to upgrade from 7.3 to 7.4 asap

photo

Hi Frederic, no it's not possible. The Yellowfin 7.3 DB will not contain the additional columns/tables used for 7.4

Sorry for the bad news, though we're only about 1 month away.

In the interim, I'm happy to grab your environment, and run some upgrade tests here, as it will benefit both of us. If you're interested in this, please let me know and I'll raise a private ticket so we can discuss further.

Regards,

David

photo

Testing upgrading our environment is something our company would be interested in too. Exactly how much information is required? And what's the state of confidential information?

photo

Hi Jonathan, I'll reach out directly in regards to this. Thanks!

photo

Hi David

Does that mean if I send you my DB you could upgrade it to 7.4 ?

Personally I am willing to wait for the upgrade but the management want to test it asap lol

Cheers  

Frederic Francois

IT Manager

E: frederic.francois@celemetrix.com.au

W: www.celemetrix.com.au

T: +61 3 9897 0529

M: +61 427 435 721

/a0bb968b0c9c074a222c373dfa4d8213

CELEMETRIX 20 Joseph Street, Blackburn North, Vic, 3130, Australia

The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by person(s) or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.

Sent: Thursday, 7 December 2017 2:48 PM

To: Frederic Francois <frederic.francois@celemetrix.com.au>

Subject: New Comment in "Where is the 7.4 upgrade?"

photo

Hi Frederic,

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying, I'd like to talk to you more on this if you have a few mins?

Just tried calling but it's engaged. When is the best time to reach you?

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi David,

We also have a client asking about this. Do you have an ETA on when the 7.3-->7.4 updater will be ready? Are we talking mid January? end of January?

Cheers,

Edgar

photo

Hi Edgar,

Plan is to have it available on Monday.. morning/afternoon, unsure of exact time.

But we will put an announcement up when ready :)

Regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

I noticed that the 7.4 update for January has been uploaded but the text indicates that it is only a 7.4-->7.4 patch, not a 7.x-->7.4 patch. Can you please clarify this? I have an upgrade scheduled at a client site today.

Cheers,

Edgar

photo

Ok people, the 7.4 upgrade is now out and can be downloaded via the support centre downloads.

Change logs can be found here.

If you run into any issues, or have further questions, please reach out to us.

Regards,

David

Replies have been locked on this page!