Configure Welcome Screen

Guest shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi,

is it possible to configure the Welcome Page?

Replies (9)

photo

Hi Carsten,

no, at the moment it isn't officially configurable via the UI. But if you really had to then you could change the messages in the ApplicationResources.properties file (which you will find in the main Yellowfin library "i4-core.jar"):

However, the only problem with that is every time you upgrade Yellowfin you would lose your changes, and have to do them all over again.

If you would like more detailed information on this process then please let me know and I'll tell you, otherwise please feel free to raise an Idea in the Community for the Welcome screen (Getting Started page) to be configurable.

One more thing, it is possible to turn that screen off for LDAP users by running the following query against the Yellowfin configuration database:

INSERT INTO Configuration VALUES (1, 'SYSTEM', 'LDAPWELCOME', 'FALSE')

regards,

David

photo

Hi this Looks good. So one question. We named Yellowin as "ProBe" internal. So I see in the jar file {0}. I think this is an Parameter. So can we set the Parameter from "Yellowfin" to "ProBe"? So then I don't must Change the jar-files.

photo

Hi Carsten,

great, I'm glad it's looking good! And yes, you can set the parameter from the UI so you don't have to change the jar files.

Just run the update query as described in this Wiki article

And then don't forget to restart ProBe!

I have tested this out for you and it appears to be in good working order, after changing my appname to BarnYard then the GettingStarted page like this:

/AU3jiAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

regards,

David

photo

HI,

thanks a lot for the link. It works. Perfect.

/24add2785f3ae2707fd48a584a0ee393

Thanks a lot. :)

Freundliche Grüße

Carsten Lempert

8103 IT-Servicemanagement

Westfälische Provinzial Versicherung Aktiengesellschaft

Postanschrift: Provinzial-Allee 1, 48131 Münster

Tel. +49 251 219-4989

Fax +49 251 219-754989

carsten.lempert@provinzial.de

www.provinzial-online.de

Rund um die Uhr für Sie da: www.meine-provinzial.de

Westfälische Provinzial Versicherung Aktiengesellschaft

Provinzial-Allee 1, 48131 Münster, Amtsgericht Münster HRB 6144

Vorstand: Dr. Wolfgang Breuer (Vorsitzender), Stefan Richter (stv. Vorsitzender), Frank Neuroth, Dr. Thomas Niemöller, Markus Reinhard, Dr. Ulrich Scholten, Matthew Wilby

Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: Prof. Dr. Liane Buchholz

Von:        Yellowfin Support <support@yellowfin.bi>

An:        Carsten Lempert <carsten.lempert@provinzial.de>,

Datum:        27.10.2017 01:45

Betreff:        New Comment in "Configure Welcome Screen"

photo

Hi Carsten,

that's great news, thanks very much for letting me know!

regards,

David

photo

Hi Dave,

I want to disable the welcome page completely, I don't see a possible way through UI, is there a way to disable the welcome page from the DB side?

-Bharath

photo

Hi Bharath,

yes, it is possible to turn off the Willkommen screen for LDAP users by running the following query against the Yellowfin configuration database:

INSERT INTO Configuration VALUES (1, 'SYSTEM', 'LDAPWELCOME', 'FALSE')

and restarting Yellowfin.

And whenever a client is going to modify their Yellowfin database we always remind them to back it up beforehand...please don't forget!

regards,

David

photo

Hi Dave,

This will only work for Ldap users, but we want to disable this for Yellowfin authenticated users. Is it possible?

-Bharath

photo

Hi Bharath,

no, currently it is only possible to disable the Welcome screen for LDAP users. Please feel free to raise an Idea to allow the Welcome screen to be disabled for local Yellowfin users.

In the meantime there is an easy workaround because the Welcome screen is triggered by the value of the PasswordExpired field of the IpClass table in the Yellowfin configuration database. By default, when a new account is created the PasswordExpired field is set to 1, meaning the password must be reset when the user logs in next.

Thus, if you run the below query, then all newly created users will be able to log in without having to reset their password on the Welcome screen:

UPDATE IpClass SET PasswordExpired = 0

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file