Need fexibility to define Joins as per requirement

Abhijeet Teli shared this idea 6 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi Team,

Couple of our customers are facing issue while creating view for some complex Reports,

The view need to be crated by using mixed join condition, Left Right and Inner, In current view builder once we define Left outer join to the Driving Table (Main Table) then we cannot define Further inner join or Right Outer Joins.

It throws an error Table not joined correctly: XYZ

Eg;

/58767f65ad8a117684b45d735a4b9d91

This type of joins basically require to avoid record duplication.

Request you to check this requirement and let us know its feasibility.

Thanks,

Abhijeet

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Abhijeet,

Yup, unfortunately this is a current limitation of the view builder as listed in our wiki

I do however understand this is a requirement for a few clients, so the enhancement has been created and planned for review later next year, as we are going to enhance the view builder model page.

Unfortunately until late next year it's hard to comment further on this.

Hope the current view builder (keeping in mind freehand SQL views are an option) is something that can be worked with in the meantime.

Thanks,

David

photo

Is this solved?

photo

Hi Vikas,

Unfortunately the limitation still remains. However if you're interested in working with our consultants we can help you build a freehand SQL view, or offer possible other solutions. If so let me know and I can start a separate discussion between our teams.

Thanks,

David

photo

For some business scenario, We want to implement only in View.

photo

Hi Vikas,

We're happy to look further into this for you, as there could be better/alternative approaches to getting the results you're after, just let us know if you want to go down this path as we're happy to help.

Thanks,

David

photo

Thanks.

Already managed in report.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file