BMC - top N ranks on dates BMC smart reporting

Brijesh Patel shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Is there a way to do a top N ranks on date fields / columns using Smart Reporting?

I have a requirement where for each unique ID (identified from a different form) there are multiple rows / records in the system which has the submit date of the record. From these rows, for EACH unique ID I want to only identify the submit date of the second record.

I know there is the functionality of Top N Ranks in Smart Reporting, but have not found a way to use this with dates.

Replies (11)

photo

Hi Brijesh,

I would suggest creating a calculated field that subtracts a date in the past from each date in your report. This would result in a "days since" integer metric, which you could then apply a Top N to as normal.

Let me know if this will work in this case.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

I have tried this before, and to double check, have tried it now again, but the top N ranks is not filtering this column with relevance to the unique ID relationship I have. It is instead just giving me the top N ranks of all date differences.

Kind Regards,

Brijesh

Brijesh Patel

ITSM Consultant

M: +44 7496 106 961

2bf02fbec7cc70b145a9e9b7216268f4

www.FusionGBS.com    

This email messages and accompanying data are for the sole use of the intended recipient('s) and may contain information that is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message or data is prohibited. If you received this email message in error, please notify us immediately at https://www.fusiongbs.com/contact-us/ and erase all copies of this message and attachments. Please note that Fusion Business Solutions monitors incoming and outgoing mail for compliance with its Security Policy. This will include scanning incoming emails to detect viruses and archiving all email correspondence. Fusion Business Solutions (UK) LTD registered in England and Wales (company number 03508523). Our registered office is at: 2 Clarendon Road, Ashford, Middlesex, TW15 2QE. Switchboard: +44 20 8814 4888 FAX: +44 20 8570 8240 From: Yellowfin Support [mailto:support@yellowfin.bi]

Sent: 18 October 2017 15:21

To: Brijesh Patel <brijesh.patel@fusiongbs.com>

Subject: New Comment in "BMC - top N ranks on dates BMC smart reporting"

photo

Hi Brijesh,

Are you free at around 1pm MST to screen-share today?

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

I’m in BST time zone, so can we do something like 4pm BST tomorrow, I believe that’s 9am MST time?

Kind Regards,

Brijesh

Brijesh Patel

ITSM Consultant

0be727bcd31c3d22b84c2a8e1d84b93b

www.FusionGBS.com    

This email messages and accompanying data are for the sole use of the intended recipient('s) and may contain information that is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message or data is prohibited. If you received this email message in error, please notify us immediately at https://www.fusiongbs.com/contact-us/ and erase all copies of this message and attachments. Please note that Fusion Business Solutions monitors incoming and outgoing mail for compliance with its Security Policy. This will include scanning incoming emails to detect viruses and archiving all email correspondence. Fusion Business Solutions (UK) LTD registered in England and Wales (company number 03508523). Our registered office is at: 2 Clarendon Road, Ashford, Middlesex, TW15 2QE. Switchboard: +44 20 8814 4888 FAX: +44 20 8570 8240 From: Yellowfin Support [mailto:support@yellowfin.bi]

Sent: 18 October 2017 17:09

photo

Hi Brijesh,

9am MST sounds good. I will send you an invitation as the time approaches.

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Are we still having the screen share session in 15mins? Just want to confirm as I haven’t received an invite.

Kind Regards,

Brijesh

Brijesh Patel

ITSM Consultant

New-Email-Sig

BMC-Exchange-London-email

www.FusionGBS.com twit link face 

Sent: 18 October 2017 17:18

photo

Hi Brijesh,

Yes, sorry for the delay, we can use this link:

https://meetings.ringcentral.com/j/1489653208

Nathan

photo

Hi Brijesh,

I am going to close this one for now, but let me know if you have any questions and it will be re-opened.

photo

Hi Nathan,

Sure that’s fine – could you send me the article regarding the grouping / combining data columns via customisations to the files that we discussed on the call please?

Kind Regards,

Brijesh

Brijesh Patel

ITSM Consultant

New-Email-Sig

BMC-Exchange-London-email

www.FusionGBS.com twit link face 

Sent: 19 October 2017 22:09

photo

Hi Brijesh,

Hope this helps:

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/aggregate-a-text-column

Regards,

Nathan

photo

I am going to set this ticket to closed for now, but if there is anything else I can do to help here, please just let me know and the case will be re-opened!

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file