Sorting a Chart Value

Kenneth Jones shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

I am trying to sort by the count on the chart table. I attached the details and an image.

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. While I can see what you're after, the format of your data within this report makes this a difficult task. Typically you'll sort by Column or Row. In a situation as such where you have a distributed metric you're wanting to sort by, it's not possible to tell Yellowfin how to do this.

Currently, Yellowfin appears to be sorting your data by 'Category', which is why you're seeing this distribution.

I feel this particular visualization would be better built from a standard report, as opposed to a crosstab. I say this because it would allow you to display the metrics color-coded by 'Category', and would also allow you to sort by the metric to prevent the behavior you're seeing.

Does this help?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Ryan,

I changed it back to auto chart and it is working. Now I am back to another issue I had initially. Is there anyway in auto chart to change the vertical axis to whole numbers and not decimal. I attached the details.

photo

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for the update. Auto chart doesn't have any Axis settings, aside from font type and color. That being said, I feel you should be able to use a standard column chart with the way you've now arranged your data.

Was that presenting issues?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

When I change it to a regular column chart it will not let me put Category in the colour section and makes all the bars the same color. Is there a way around that?

photo

One way to accomplish this would be under 'Series Settings', accessible by clicking the top right button on the 'Charts' step. Selecting your 'Category' and expanding the 'Highlight' area allows you to manually specify colors based on their category:

5368725c5917806d567ffc17b035f6c2

Does this look like it'll give you the desired effect?

photo

I don't see the Highlight option on my series settings.

photo

Hi Kenneth,

It would be helpful if you could provide a screenshot of what you're seeing on this section.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Kenneth,

I wanted to reach out and see how things are going. I haven't heard back from you for some time.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file