How to publish a dashboard and keep it on auto refresh?

Ishita shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I am trying to create a dashboard and want to be able to publish it externally? Is there a way someone can access it without a login? If not, how can I keep the session active with my charts auto refreshing?

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Ishita,

Thanks for your email.

The below link will explain you on how to setup publish your dashboard externally, but you need a Multicast licence.

https://www.yellowfinbi.com/resources/forum/yfforum-how-to-give-external-users-access-to-a-report-thread-100865

To keep the session alive, please see below for the steps to setup:

Live Streaming of Dashboard can be made possible.

You need to make few changes as explained below:

1. First we will edit the web.xml file whoch is located under <Yellowfin folder>/appserver/conf folder

3570276261a2ffc72402d6b73db79639

Open this file in a Notepad editor, and search for Session, then you need to update the value from 30 seconds to 0 seconds as shown in the below picture:

b515449d6cd70d5450acd01922a1fa29

Now we need to make changes to the Dashboard report, as shown below.

044c43bdb589e4d8569b1d6df708b5c9

This setting should keep the dashboard refreshing for every 1 second and will not ask you to login unless you logout voluntarily.

Hope this helps.

If you have any questions, please email me.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Hi thanks for your response. We do not have a multicast license currently as we are just testing the capabilities of different BI tools. Can you suggest an alternative way in which users can access the dashboard without signing in since it is restricted to three users?

photo
photo

Hi Ishita,

Sorry, there is no alternative way to achieve your expectations.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Okay, thanks.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file