How to adjust the HTML master layout?

Dim Pap shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hello and have a good day,

In our company, we use ZenDesk as a Customer Service support and we would like to have a widget in YellowFin.

What we are trying to achieve is that the user should have always the possibility to report that something is not working correctly in a Dashboard/Report/Data used.

Our intention was to edit the master layout HTML and follow the logic that it is proposed by Zendesk:

"If you want to add the widget to your website, go to the web page where you want to add the widget, then paste the code before the closing HTML </HEAD> tag."

Is this possible? Could you help me to find that HTML file?

Thank you,

Dimitra

Replies (4)

photo

HI Dimitra,

I am a little confused as to what you are going for here, as I am not very familiar with the ZenDesk functionality.

If all you are needing to do is embed a bit of HTML code into something within Yellowfin, then JavaScript charts will be the best bet.

You can attach anything to our provided div by:

$chartDrawDiv.append("<div>Hi this is HTML</div>")

Can you elaborate a bit on how you want this to look within Yellowfin?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan and thanks for answering me.

I do not want to create any Report or Dashboard, I want to edit the HTML master layout of Yellowfin, meaning to adjust the page output the user sees, even when browsing between reports etc.

I found that by editing some files you can adjust the log-in page:

http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER70/Restyling+Yellowfin

I would like to do the same but for all the pages and not for the login page only. Is it possible? Do I have access on the HTML behind Yellowfin?

Thanks,

Dimitra

photo

Hi Dimitra,

This is possible to an extent. You can change all images within Yellowfin by providing your own to the customimages folder.

You can also change all of the CSS (fonts, colors, heights, etc) by adjusting the css files and adding them to the customcss folder.

I would reccomend browsing through the CSS and images folder in the youryf/appserver/webapps/ROOT folder to see what Yellowfin has, and then changing a few (to have the changes take effect you will need to move the file to custom)

Let me know if this makes sense.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Dimitra,

I am going to set this ticket to closed for now, but if there is anything else I can do to help here, please just let me know and the case will be re-opened!

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file