I am trying to supress duplicates from an SQL report

Dieter Schmerlaib shared this problem 7 years ago
Defect Fixed

I am using 7.2 build 20160701. It seems that suppress duplicates in an SQL report does not work, I get no error but duplicates are not supressed. The same report works in 7.1

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Dieter,

Thanks for sending through the question and for including your build information. I've done a quick test on my end using your build and I can confirm that suppress duplicates does indeed work.

Do you think you might be able to send us an example of what you are experiencing? Perhaps a couple of screenshots showing your report in 7.1 and 7.2?

When I check 'Show Duplicate Records' the distinct is removed from my report SQL:

11ce7331d46b06ada7825df68fbc4353

When uncheck 'Show Duplicate Records' the below SQL is generated:

7a9c2a60222dfbc9e90d1adb23f6a08c

Can you confirm that this is what you are experiencing? Let me know what you think when you find a moment. I look forward to hearing back.

Kind Regards,

Dustin

photo

I am not using a drag and drop report it is a sql report so I don't get to choose the show duplicate option

photo

Hi Dieter,

Thanks for clarifying. You are indeed correct, the behavior in 7.1 and the most recent release of 7.2 is indeed different. This is a bug, and I have gone ahead and created a product defect to correct this:

Task ID #239445

I think in the mean time as an alternative you are going to have to use the drag and drop report builder or include 'SELECT Distinct' in your report SQL. Anyway, I apologize for the inconvenience this issue may cause in the mean time.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions or concerns on

this.

Kind Regards,

Dustin

photo

Hey Dustin, I am using version 8.0.4 and suppress duplicates option in Freehand SQL report still does not work. Any update one that?

I can not use the report builder to overcome this, my report is a direct query to database, without a view.

System Info:

Application Version:8.0.4
Build:20191216
Java Version:11.0.6
Operating System:Linux 4.19.104+ (amd64)
photo

Hi Vefa,

I did a quick check on my end and was able to replicate this "suppress duplicates not applying on a freehand SQL report" issue in or recent 8.0.5 release. I checked up on the developer task, which has not had much movementso far; however it is mentioned in our "Critical and Highest Priorities" list, so I will make a point to update the task so they know this issue is still unresolved, and give it a "bump" with the dev team, so to speak. I'll provide any related updates I might receive here.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Guys,

This fix has been included in our recent 9.8 release.

You can find release notes and download links via the Releases Page

https://portal.yellowfinbi.com/public/releases/

I'll go ahead and mark this ticket as Defect Fixed at this time, feel welcome to reach out in the future.

Thanks,
Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file