Custom Totals Row, Calculation of a market share

Mat Chabros shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hello,

My apologies, but to be concise I will try to ask two questions in one topic.

Question #1

If one sees the attached screen grab, every column has its own total, this is perfectly fine, however, the only possibility for the "Variance - %" column total is either a sum, average, count etc. What I am required to include in a Totals row is the variance of the "Variance - £" and the "Jun-17" column. Is this possible to achieve? Say, a custom totals function?

Question #2

Is it possible to calculate the Market Share for every single row? To be more specific, I would like to calculate the total YTD of a manufacturer and divide it by the YTD of the whole industry, which currently is calculated inside of the Totals at the bottom of "YTD - 16" column. The only option I see is through writing my own SQL to calculate that. Is there a different possibility?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Mat,

Lets approach your first question first here. How is this variance being calculated? If you are using a calculated field, one of the options will be "calculated total" which will use the calculation provided on the column totals.

Is there any way you can convert this to calc field?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for addressing my question. The variance is calculated by dividing the total of "Variance - £" (The third column) by the total of "Jun-17" (Second column).

Unfortunately, I could not find the "Calculated Total" field in the Calculated Field options.

Moreover, I would require the variance to be displayed as the last row, not as a separate column.

photo
photo

Hi Mat,

I hope all is well,

My name is Mark I work within the UK Support Team here at Yellowfin. I have been made aware that we have arranged a screen share for 10:00 BST. I will track this ticket and have Brett update after the call. I hope this is ok and we look forward to answering your questions.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

I had a quick screen-share with Mat and have made some suggestions for creating percentage of total and also how to create a calculated total value.

Mat will be following up with any extra questions.

Regards,

Brett

photo

Hi Brett,

No problem, thank you for the update. I will inform Nathan of this so he can keep track of any questions that come in. Hopefully we can have this resolved asap and get this ticket completed.

Regards,Mark

photo

Hi Mat,

It sounds like you were able to work this out? I am going to close this for now, but please let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file