"Today" on a time series chart

Hannah Luo shared this idea 6 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi,

I've raised this issue before but i can't find the ticket.

My timeline contains both past and future dates and i need to mark it clearly.

Since i use conditional coloring for values, i need another way to indicate Today's date.

IS there some way to indicate todays date on a time series chart.

thanks,

Yoav

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Yoav,

You should be able to find any tickets/topics you have raised via the community, under your account details.

12d7641e40c6f061143aefca8218ac60

I have had a quick look and do not see any reference to timeline/profile either, so wonder if it was raised prior to Feb 2017 (as this is when community went live).

However, happy to tackle this as a fresh ticket.

Can you help me understand how much of an impact this has on you? Just want to ensure we check all possible avenues before writing it off as an enhancement.

E.g What does your chart look like, and what is the sort of data you're reporting off?

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi David,

Its a simple column chart on a timeline with both past and future dates and i want to mark Today.

That means that this indication is dynamic moving on a daily basis.

I also need it in a stacked column chart.

see attached examples.

Thanks,

Yoav

photo

Hi Yoav,

Thanks for your reply.

Displaying the indicator for "Today", might not be possible unfortunately.But I will discuss with developer and will update you in a day or 2.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Hi Mahe,

I would consider this an important feature. Not specifically the Today indicating, but having a dynamic date indication on a timeline chart. Business are not run on fixed dates and time series charts will always be dynamic, so there are many cases were a dynamic indication would be helpful.

When creating reports, you have an filter option for dynamic date. Unfortunately, this option can only be used as a predefined filter but is never opened for user prompts or any other use, which is a shame since for us its even more useful than predefined dates.

Hope there's some way to enable this in the charts.

Thanks,

Yoav

photo

Hi Yoav,

just letting you know that an internal Enhancement Request has been raised for this Idea (YFN-8084)

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file