Can YF use windows authentication?

sreenu shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Dear Yellowfin Team,

I am trying to connect the database through yellowfin by using windows authentication,but it is not connecting.Can YF use windows authentication?

Thanks & Regards,

Sreenu.

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Sreenu,

Yes, for databases that support Windows Authentication, Yellowfin can use the Windows Authentication. This will typically be provided as a toggle, what DB are you trying to connect to specifically here?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Dear Nathan,

I am trying to connect remote database through VPN. Please prove the screen shots if have.

Thanks,

photo

Hi Sreenu,

Whether you can use Windows Authentication depends on the database type. What specifically are you trying to connect to?

5915db4a74f8cb3cf93a20a8a25d344d

Nathan

photo

Dear Nathan,

Please find the attached screen shot for your reference.I am facing that issue,please help me on this.

Thanks,

photo

Hi Sreenu,

Thanks for the screen-shot. It is a bit difficult for me to tell exactly what is going wrong as credentials / connections are specific to your environment can be a tricky thing to get to work. For now it doesn't look like the problem is with the Windows Authentication.

• Have you tried the IP address of this VPN as the host name?

The Unknown host error specifically refers to the hostname you have provided, so I would tweak this until the error changes.

Sorry I cant be more specific here.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

I given IP address also ,but it is showing as same issue.Please provide the webex session,will discuss.

Thanks,

photo

Please find the attached screen shot for your reference. I have lot of questions regarding this.

If i am placing the ip address in database host , where i have to put the database host name

photo

Hi Sreenu,

Sorry for the delay. I am on US mountain time, but I think a screen-share would be beneficial here. Please let me know what time works best for you and I will send an invitation.

Regards,

Nathan

photo
photo

Hi Sreenu,

Havnt heard from you in a while.I am going to set this ticket to closed for now, but if there is anything else I can do to help here, please just let me know and the case will be re-opened!

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file