Semi-additive fields in the Yellowfin 7.3

Gabriel Roncancio shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

This article describes how Yellowfin support semi-additive fields. However, I can't find this functionality on Yellowfin 7.3. Is it still supported?

Best Answer
photo

Hi Gabriel,

I hope all is well,

Unfortunately we completely removed the field constraints functionality in 7.3 and beyond. I have chased this further to see that our dev team removed this, as this was a feature of which was not used by the many... With this I can also confirm that we have had recent activity around this of which another user has requested we have this back. This has since been requested and pushed to our dev team so we can have this feature back.

This has been logged as a defect and we can track this with the JIRA ID of YFN-2377. I know this is not the answer you were looking for but hopefully something good can become of this over the next few months. I will keep you updated.

NOTE: I will keep this as Awaiting Reply so I can get your feedback on this before I mark this as Answered.

Regards,

Mark

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Gabriel,

I hope all is well,

Unfortunately we completely removed the field constraints functionality in 7.3 and beyond. I have chased this further to see that our dev team removed this, as this was a feature of which was not used by the many... With this I can also confirm that we have had recent activity around this of which another user has requested we have this back. This has since been requested and pushed to our dev team so we can have this feature back.

This has been logged as a defect and we can track this with the JIRA ID of YFN-2377. I know this is not the answer you were looking for but hopefully something good can become of this over the next few months. I will keep you updated.

NOTE: I will keep this as Awaiting Reply so I can get your feedback on this before I mark this as Answered.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Gabriel,

I hope all is well,

I just want to touch base and question wether or not you managed to read through my last email/post. If you can get back to me asap I would appreciate this greatly. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark, thanks for your reply. I'll wait for any update on this.

photo

Hi Gabriel,

No problem, I will keep you updated.

photo
photo

Please add this functionality back into Yellowfin as this is something that we use as well.

photo

Hi Dave,

I understand the request.

We have this logged within JIRA so our devs can review this, we can track this with the JIRA ID of; YFN-2377.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file