No Support for UUID's

Patrick Lynch shared this idea 7 years ago
Idea Logged

Yellowfin does not understand what to do with UUID data types. There needs to be a translation for this type of data coming out of Postgres.

When I create a view with a field that is of data type uuid, the view doesn't know what to do with it, just says unknown data type.

When I create an access filter and try to pass in a UUID, the access filter does not work regardless if the UUID is surrounded by quotes or not.

As we store all of our record ID's in this format, this prevents us from using our primary identification method and must resort to a less safe workaround.

Yellowfin 7.2 starting (build 20160503)

Replies (4)

photo

Patrick,

Thanks for submitting your request. We are doing a lot of work in this area but let me pull in Matt to help clarify so we get what we need to move forward. Lee

photo

Patrick,

We spoke about this one early on in our discussion around Yellowfin. I have reached back out to the dev's to get an estimate on what kind of a time commitment this would be. He mentioned that this might be something that we could do. I will update you with the information I get back from them.

Matt

photo

Yes, thank you Matt, I just wanted to get an official support ticket opened for this.

photo

I have submitted the enhancement request. I will chase this up and let you know when the status changes.

~Matt

Leave a Comment

Attach a file