Need to place pins on an image

David Gallagher shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi - we need a report that will show pins placed in specific locations within an image. The image is not a map, though it will have a reference system with (0,0) as the top-left corner. The incoming data will be a pair of (x,y) coordinates in that space. What report can we use to meet this visualization need? The 'Image Raster' does not seem appropriate, as we need precision about where the pins will be placed. Nice-to-have would be an ability to create a heat map for the image based on the pins.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello David,

I've had a chat with one of our consultants and we think that a scatter plot will fit our need - the only change you would have to do is that the Y axis (to be a 0 at the top) would be to have negative values.

These could be converted from whatever x/y co-ordinates you supply.

You can then set a bitmap image behind the chart to get the dots appearing in the correct location.

I hope this makes sense!

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Thanks for getting back to me, Pete. It turns out that making the image a bitmap was the crucial piece I was missing here. It works nicely. One thing, though – is there any way to make the image reference dynamic rather than static? We’re going to have dozens to potentially hundreds of images that we need to use as backgrounds, the ability to supply an image as required would be quite handy.

Thanks,

Dave Gallagher / (516) 422-8622 / dgallagher@cleverdevices.com

Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2017 5:39 AM

To: David Gallagher

Subject: New Comment in "Need to place pins on an image"

photo

Hi David,

Unfortunately, you can't make the background image dynamic in this instance.

It would be possible in Yellowfin 7.3+ if you enable and build a special customised Javascript report.

Javascript reporting allows incredible customisation of reports along with flashy interactive features.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Best regards,

Pete

Leave a Comment

Attach a file