Ability to set any particular Content Folder as a Default entry page for a User.

Abhay Bagalkoti shared this idea 6 years ago
Idea Logged

In user profile setting the entry page is set to browse page.

With this setting, the system by default browse ALL the contents which takes time to load the content list.

This would eventually take a long time when the contents are in large numbers.

There should be some configuration to set a specific Content Folder as Default, so that when user log in, system would list down only those contents.

This would help in retrieving specific list of contents and also help in performance issues in case if any.

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Abhay,

I have since gone ahead and logged this within JIRA, we can now track this Idea request using the following JIRA ID: YFN-7473

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Mark, is there any traction with this?

photo

Hi Zack,

I hope all is well,

Unfortunately as it stands we only have the below 3 options for default entry page;

5654fc4e2931ef8dbe2a81d33a6e9725

What next?

I have questioned this further with the development team, hopefully I can come back to you within the next 24 hours with where we stand.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Mark,

Thank you for getting back with me. My main premise is allowing it to load on a user's "Favorites." When a user has a lot of content (access to content), it can me very overwhelming.

/ce0b5d71631a3ed9a096677275cdf1ba

Thanks again,

Zack

photo

Hi Zack,

Thank you for providing me with a use case for this, I personally think this sounds like a very good idea for users to have specific Entry Page's for Content Folders i.e. Favourites as you stated.

As stated, I have questioned this further with where we stand. I am hoping to have some information come tomorrow morning (UK Time).

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Zack,

No updates as of yet, however I have chased this up with the wider team. Hopefully we can get some updates...

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file